running nut

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
i have come to the conclusion that parrots are not built for running, and in doing so, can cause me to have side splitting pain from laughing!!:11::p:D

well story goes............

nut has this green plastic foot toy thing with a bell inside she likes to attack, well not have hanging in her cage, she likes to see it dead on the floor! :11:

well she had successfully removed it from her perch and it laid on the floor of her cage, :54: one smug looking bird, while she was at the other end of her cage on the roof, i picks it up to tie to one of her outter cage perches.....

resulting in the funniest speed waddling i have seen from her, with an intent expression of ohhh.....:11: no you dont!!!!! on her face :p, she promptly took ball off me, an waddled back to other side of her cage, so she could quietly chew it :D

we are now currently playin where's the ball lol:09:

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
ha ha, thats so funny! little nut knows what he wants, what a character! xxx

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
haha! I would have LOVED to have seen that! You must try to get a video for us! :D

Cal loves to run over the duvet when we are under one in the sofa. She likes to run a lot.....quite odd as she is flighted LOL

OP
suebee

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
yup melly lol she knows an slow fingers are not good in this game lol

lol von, so is nut, has cal run under the duvet?? nut has kinda done a slinky under the cover i was under, but she's only done it the once :( but then again i was wearing these lounge trousers she don't like!!! or like to chew the waistband ;p

JawzX

Aug 22, 2010
Media
Vermont
Parrots
8 year-old second-hand Alexandrine Parakeet Buddy (aka Baby, aka Ms. Prissy Beak)
Ms. Beak is also quite the runner... It's esppecially funny due to her long tail ;) she puts her head down and the tail sticks out behind her and wiggles from side to side as she runs up and down wherever she's feeling frisky :D

she's also an "under cover bird" and will toss up the edge of blankets and then duck her head under and squirm underneath, head first, feet kicking out behind her. It's more than a little hilarious. She likes to burrow all the way down to your feet, nibble on your toes a little bit and then snuggle up to them and become a tiny foot heater :)

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Cal will go under your cardigan or dressing gown but not under the duvet which is fine by me!!! I like to know where she is at all times when she's out.

Before I got her, I purchased a conure book. To me it seems to be common sense that you don't leave them unsupervised but the story STILL scared me.

Apparently a college student came home and she had left her GCC out to play all day. She couldn't find her bird anywhere. Turns out that the birdy was on her desk playing under some paper and she threw her books onto the desk when she came in.....:(:(:(:(:(

One of the saddest stories I have ever read but I am glad I did read it and reiterated it to my husband. We are always so vigilent when she is out.....we have reclining sofa's and we are so very careful! If she were to disappear under a duvet, we daren't move until she appeared again in case we crushed her!!

I STILL think we need a video of Nut though! :D:D:D:D

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Jade loves flat surfaces - which, we've been told, is common for red-fronts due to their natural environment. She thinks she's stealthy, and since I don't want to hurt her feelings, I let her keep thinking that. She can move pretty fast even with her long tail. She's been know to chase our cat off with head down, wings out, beak open and little legs moving!

Ruby isn't ever really in a hurry and usually demurely walks about on tables, countertops or other furniture.

Max has never been much for walking on flat surfaces. He will walk a bit if he has to, but it's really not his favorite way to get around.

Most Reactions