Ruppell's parrot

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Welcome home baby! Is she for sure a she? And does she have a name yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

Leo13

Mar 26, 2018
I'm going off of what the breeder told me since he said he had her DNA tested. But we'll find out after the first molt of she is really a she. No name yet

IndySE

May 5, 2016
Southern California
Parrots
Kermit, ♀ GCC (Green Demon)
Love these guys ! I don't know too much about them, but I met some baby Ruppell's parrots in our local bird shop. They were so sweet and I was soo tempted to give Kermit a sibling. Luckily the price tag and a dash of self control held me back. It seems like they grow up quite sassy, but I also was struck by how little information there was available on them. Best of luck & do post lots of pictures. I lovelove their colors.

OP
L

Leo13

Mar 26, 2018
So I have a security camera on my bird and she seems restless. The room is nearly pitch black but she's is moving around all over the cage is that normal?

Abbayarra

May 29, 2018
Media
Our Psy does move around at night sometimes. We have even seen him sleeping while hanging upside down. Your parrot should not be doing a lot of moving around as they do not see well in the dark. Some movement is normal, a lot is not. If the parrot is moving around a lot at night as well as a lot of grooming it might be bugs that are bothering her.

Most Reactions