S p e c i a l i s t

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I know I'm not the only one here who wondered why the forum software was censoring that word. For the life of me I couldn't see it. Well, the guys on the motorcycle forum knew immediately. The part being blocked out is C e a l i s. The drug for ED:D I mentioned it on there today after someone there complained about censorship after a cuss word was blocked on that forum. I said yeah, I don't get this one, but on the bird forum that word is always censored. They were like, uh, Roxy, you're a woman but it's kind of obvious and told me:p

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Even so, why would that get blocked, does it block the word ******? lol

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
holy cow it did! The word was v i a g r a and it blocked it! Why? who would be offended by that?

Enjru

Banned
Banned
Feb 19, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
1 x Scarlet Macaw, 2 x DYHA's
Thank you for clearing that up! I assumed it was some Latin or Greek anatomical term.

If you hadn't sorted this mystery out, this following scenario would have played out for a Parrot Forum member, sooner or later:

Parrot Forum Member: "Oh! Uh! Ah! I'm gonna ****** your ******!"
Person Next to Parrot Forum Member: "My WHAT?!?"

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Thanks for clearing that up, Roxy... I never could understand... I have never heard the other word, either...

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I thought it was something bad in some other language, too. Maybe these drugs aren't sold worldwide, Lene. Or maybe in other places they aren't advertised constantly on TV like they are here. I should have seen it, but I guess it took a guy to see it, lol!

I don't know why that's offensive. It treats a legitimate medical condition, but I guess that's something many don't want to see talked about?

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
I thought it was something bad in some other language, too. Maybe these drugs aren't sold worldwide, Lene. Or maybe in other places they aren't advertised constantly on TV like they are here. I should have seen it, but I guess it took a guy to see it, lol!

I don't know why that's offensive. It treats a legitimate medical condition, but I guess that's something many don't want to see talked about?

I always found it super annoying because I'm forever mentioning something along the lines of 'bird speci-alist' and having it blanked out. grrr.

Well now we all know, glad you cleared that up Roxy, it was driving me mad trying to find out the problem with it haha!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
That's so weird. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
I've been wondering about that, too! Seems kind of odd to censor it. Not like any 13 year olds are going to look into what it is and go, "oh man, gotta get me some of that!". That and they air commercials for the stuff on tv at all hours.

Oh well, now it makes sense at least. Thanks for enlightening us, Roxynoodle.

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Well, a friend's son was only 8 and he ordered some v i a g r a and steroids online because he was already having body image problems:54: We seem to be messing up our kids awfully young these days. But, yes, I think it's silly to censor that, especially since it's just part of a word. And it does air on TV at all hours of the day, so it's not like it's any mystery to anyone.

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
roxynoodle;136250[LIST=1 said:
[/LIST]]Well, a friend's son was only 8 and he ordered some v i a g r a and steroids online because he was already having body image problems:54: We seem to be messing up our kids awfully young these days. But, yes, I think it's silly to censor that, especially since it's just part of a word. And it does air on TV at all hours of the day, so it's not like it's any mystery to anyone.

Wow, I take what I said back. 8 years old? I'm not exactly old myself (I'm only 20), but I can't say I knew of any kids I grew up with doing anything like that. Though, my 13 year old sister already has far more self esteem issues than I did at that age. It's sad to see.

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Yes, I was shocked. He thought he needed 6 pack abs and apparently help in the other department, too. And he did this all by himself. His parents had no idea until it showed up at the house.

Most Reactions