Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
My dream bird is a rainbow lorikeet. I realise if I dont get one soon, I will probably never realise my dream of having one of these beauties in my life (due to my age)
My question is, how do they go with other birds during out of cage time?
(I do know about having a separate cage due to spe******ed diet)

Do any of you have a lory and other species? How are they together or are they kept totally apart? Any other info regarding your experience with this species is appreciated especially if you have a multi species bird house.

Thanks in advance

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
I wouldn't house lories in the same cage with other parrots because of their diet. Although i do know people that do without any ill effects to their other parrots. However i don't see why they can't hang out with other species. You would have to er on caution & watch them when they are out of their cages. I don't have lories anymore. But when any of my pets are out on their playstands i keep an eye on them. Just in case. Honestly there are some really strange relationships between the parrot species. I guess at the end of the day it's whether or not they like each other.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
My amazon fell in love with the new Grey. I wasn't expecting that. So yes, they may all like each other just fine. But, if they don't, you will have to watch so they can't get to each other.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
My lory don't play nice with others. I was told not to place him with other birds. He can be a little monster as he is not afraid of going after big birds. And he goes for the attack. Because of their diet, I would not house them together!

Most Reactions

Latest posts