safe heaters

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
Ok so ANY kind of oil heater is bird safe? Or is there a certain kind I should get.

I'm in a small room and i'm wondering if it will get way to dry with the heater on in there.

If all the oil heaters are bird safe then my Dad can pick one up next time he's in so it'd be easier. :)

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I have an oil heater where everything is internal. It looks like a radiator. Yes it will dry out the air so you will need to do freg. spritz and or take bird in the shower with you, sometimes just in the steam.

Junett

Nov 6, 2019
Oregon
Parrots
African grey, yellow nape ,yellow crown and pineapple conure
Does anybody know if the presto heat dish parabolic electric heater it's safe for parrots . I called the hot line and asked if it had any teflon coating and I was told that it didn't have any teflon what so ever and that they had alot of people asking if it was safe for birds. I guess I just want to make sure if anybody else has used them and if they Re really safe . I lost 2 parrots due to teflon 6 years ago and now I am traumatized to anything having teflon.

Melscamp

Oct 31, 2019
NY
Parrots
Hunny Bunny Munny Sunny & Roger the parakeets
I'm wondering if putting a reptile pad at the bottom corner of the cage would be enough to heat their area. I have a long cage and another small one attached so they could get away if it was too hot. I'm heating my entire apartment to 70 but it's getting colder.
I add moisture to my place by hang drying my clothes.

Most Reactions

Latest posts