Safe liner options for portable stand?

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Anyone know what would be safe liner alternative to newspaper for this play stand? Newspaper flies everywhere when I move this around and I hate it! I didn't look close enough or ask but a local parrot store uses what looks like wine bottle corks for their cage liner. If I knew what that material was, that might actually be a good option for me.

While I'll continue with newspaper for the main cage, I need something else for this shallow tray. I need something more weighted.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Kiwibird makes liners for her cages they would probably work just fine with stands too. They are washable and everything I think they were made from fleece maybe?

OP
chris-md

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Thanks guys. I hadn't really considered reusable, but a simple circle mat from felt or fleece could work.

DexMom

Jul 18, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Dexter, SI Eclectus
I've been thinking of buying a small piece of the green indoor/outdoor carpet material to use as a washable liner for my cage playtop. Dexter doesn't ever chew the paper I have there and there's always someone around when he's out of his cage, so if he started chewing on it, we could divert his attention. I was looking for something that I could just rinse off in the sink, then hang over the perch to dry and put back in place before he uses the playtop again. It's not expensive and easy to cut to fit. Perhaps something like that would fit the bill for your playstand.

kozykitty

Dec 29, 2015
Columbia, Maryland
Parrots
Gloria, BFA, adopted on Jan. 9, 2016 when she was 30 years old
. Her mom went to a nursing home.
Also have 2 cats (Rangerand Luna) and a 24 year old aquatic turtle, named Elvis.
What about plastic? They make plastic placemats that could be cut to fit. Likewise, the heavy upholstery vinyl they sell at Joann Fabrics might work. Another option is contractor's paper which comes in a roll. I use it as cage liners. It's thick and I cut a bunch of pieces and stack them, removing the top one when it's poopy. The paper is thick enough that the poop doesn't go through it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts