safe or not.

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
hi,
i just wanted to know whether frozen green beans are safe when dehydrated.
I know you usually have to slightly cook them first when fresh.
Also is it okay for them to eat orange peels,i dehydrated a bunch of orange rings with the peels on them,they would be great to use for foraging.
And can they have red gooseberry's?i have about 6 bushes of it,came with my garden and i don't like them,but my mothers ekkie ate one that had fallen off and loved it.
thank you!

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I dry green beans all the time, the orange peels I would only give if they are organic and washed well, oranges that are not organic are a fruit that is highly sprayed. I have eaten and given the birds fresh gooseberries they are tart but fine.:)

OP
hacatta

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
the nicest thing about living in the netherlands is that our food sprayed less than in other countries.
But i will try to remove the peel before giving it.

Last edited:

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
I second the orange peels, safe if cleaned well. I serve mine with the skin still on, but I make sure I soak for a while in a water-vinegar solution then rinse.

I've read conflicting reports on green beans. Some sites say it is dangerous (not sure why), others say it is safe if cooked. I prefer not serving cooked veggies for the nutritional integrity so I've never offered my bird green beans. Always been tempted though, its something I think he would enjoy (getting the seeds out and all).

Most Reactions