Santa found jake

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Our good friend ,Margaret , sent jake and all the Zons a really great (ex-large) bag of toys and toy parts. Thanks so much M. Sorry about my voice, i got dental surgery for Christmas.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZJWMRHIXvg"]Xmas 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

What's up with not being able to embed videos ? Is it just me? OK got it. have to use the long code url

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh my goodness that is SO thoughtful! Look at all that awesome stuff! :D I laughed SO hard when your wife said that Jake would rather have the bag where it all came from....HAHAHAHAHA. Sounds like my Hunter, and it's NOT breeding season here just yet. ;)

I also laughed at Stacy, the way she was hanging in the VERY front of her cage, trying to get a good look at all the goodies. :D

Thanks so much for sharing the video, Richard. It is SO very precious!!! :)

PS. I tried embedding it in my reply in 2 different ways, but couldn't get it to work. :confused:

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
That is so thoughtful of her! :D

Stacy's checking everything out, lol!

kuttnup250

Sep 16, 2012
Parrots
Bf amazon
Such pretty birds! Now that we have gotten to meet jake when do we get to meet the others front and center

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Thanks for that, Bosley wanted to jump in the screen and play!!!
Such pretty bird's you have there.

OP
henpecked

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Such pretty birds! Now that we have gotten to meet jake when do we get to meet the others front and center

We have about 30 zons (the toy parts are a god send), a few are rehomes that "come and go" , but most have been with us a long time or are our own babies. Many of the breeders live outside in an aviary but right this minute there are 6 zons in the house.A couple of LONGtime pets , sanctuary birds and rehomes that we are working to tame. You can go on youtube and see some of the others. Jake has loads of videos. She has been with us so long that we are pretty well trained now. MsJakiepoo is public, check them out. http://www.youtube.com/user/MsJakiepoo?feature=mhee

Check them out yankeewendy, i released some others.

Last edited:

kuttnup250

Sep 16, 2012
Parrots
Bf amazon
Thanks!! I have watched several and they are great! Is jake the zon you have talked about that is 40yrs old?? I'm guessing no because he looks so good but I'm so curious!

OP
henpecked

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Yeah, i got jake out of the nest about feb 1970. So she'll be 43 in a couple of months. The give away about her age is the amount of yellow, you don't see many YNA that are that yellow. BTW we have many zons that were hatched in the mid to late 70s. Appearance has more to do with diet and well being. Oh yeah, Jake is a girl.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Just finished watching the video with you and Jake (and dog???) in the car..."going to town", and cracked up when Jakie-Poo started making the "click-cluck-click-cluck" sound. Hunter does the IDENTICAL thing. :D

The clip when you and your wife have snuggle session with Jakie is completely heart-warming. Doesn't get any cuter and sweeter than that!

Of course Nitro's video NOT just wanting some pettin' had me rolling again. OUCH!!

Jakie tried pulling a little disappearing act by the water is cute as can be.

They are ALL awesome clips, Richard!!! LOVED them!

....and I ain't no Yankee :54:

kuttnup250

Sep 16, 2012
Parrots
Bf amazon
That is amazing! I did notice all the yellow! So that's a sign of age!! Good to know! Yeah I have to say jake in the truck on the way to town is my favorite! I wish we could do that with our zon!! Is she that sweet with everyone or r u her person!! I hope our sisco can have a long life he is 10 but had a tuff life before us!!

OP
henpecked

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Yeah .i'm the man in her life but she pretty much that way with most people, especially my wife and middle son.

Sorry wendy but you are in Yankee land, LOL

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
Thanks for sharing the video. It's funny how our beloved fids only want to play with the bag or the box it came in.. Sounds like your imagination is going to be running in full speed assembling all those toys. I'm sure Jake will just love it. Oh, I loved the candy cane too.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Wow.. Lucky Jake :) It does not matter how many Toys I buy for Codie, he still prefers yoghurt pots and plastic lids lol.. Its cheaper for me though :)

OP
henpecked

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
That candy Cane was a foraging toy, hard to tell what it is now,LOL

Most Reactions

Latest posts