suebee

Jan 13, 2011
well on the menu tonight, is

chicken in marmalde an ginger glaze
satay noodles
and
rice

:32:

anyway i'm doin all the cooking and prep-in making the sauces in advance, and i know nut likes satay sauce :32: so i make her version 1st (without the soy or sugar)

as i am waiting for my man to get home, son is at cadets. i give her a noodle dipped in the satay :32::09: an nut has licked the bowl clean! but she is going to have to wait for her supper with us, and the smell is driving her batty lol its a bit pathetic, as she keeps sticking her head into the empty bowl an then giving me puppy dog eyes!:52:

satay recipe

2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed, chopped however you like it

2 big desert spoons of best peanut butter, crunchy or smooth, i like peanut butter & Co, as its litterally peanut with a little oil, some brands have some hidden nasty's in like sugar, salt and loads of cheap oil

2 desert spoons coconut block

1 fresh chilli or 2 teaspoon of chilli flakes, adjust to how hot you like it

juice of fresh lime

and water to loosen sauce

to be added after parrot portion has been removed lol
2 to 4 teaspoons of sugar
2 to 3 desert spoons of light soy

fry off the garlic and chillies in a little oil, remove oil an keep for later, add peanut butter, coconut block, lime juice and water, when it resembles a sauce, put some aside for the parrot :32::D then add rest the soy an sugar to taste, this is such an easy sauce to make an goes with nearly everything

so nuts, supper will be rice, noodles, chopped apple with a touch of satay sauce

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
What is coconut block? Sounds yummy!

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Puck is drinking sweet potato soup right now!

OP
suebee

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
coconut block is like the condense version of coconut cream etc, just add water to make coconut milk, easier to keep and works out cheaper

lol its so funny when our birds get all excited over our foods and on the plus side, nut is also eating her pellets during the day:11::D

humm hamburgers, man brought home some fresh made ones, so we'll be having them one night this wk :32: an yum sweet potatoe soup sounds fab, will look up a recipe

Most Reactions