Savannah's Old Cage

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Many of you have read about my adopting Savannah just about a month ago and how I complained of the size of her old cage. Along with our candy store we own a storage facility at the same location. Her cage has been stored all this time and I just dug it out to set it up to use here at the store sometime soon. When I walked up to it, I realized how much smaller it is from her new cage. She spent 18 years in this cage and didn't come out as much as she should have. It has some paint damage. I'm hoping the auto body across the street from my house can powder coat it for me with some birdie safe paint. I took these pictures for him but thought I would share them here, too. It is in rough shape but I hope we can fix it up to be a cage for work use only. It has a play top that was never used. Hopefully we can now get some use out of it. I don't have pics of that, that part is at home. :rolleyes: The cage is 42" W x 30" D x 46" T (That's living space). So small for being in it most of her young adult life. :( It wouldn't have been so bad if she was let out everyday or on a regular basis. I guess I should just be happy she is in a better place now. :)Here are some pics!

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture8522-savannah-old-cage.jpg

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture8523-savannah-old-cage-doors.jpg

Picture of the doors.

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture8524-savannah-old-cage-paint-damage.jpg

Paint damage from her chewing on the doors.

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
I figured that too. :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I agree, that will make a fantastic play cage! :D

Is that cage a one piece construction? It looks pretty heavy.

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
Im not sure Wendy but I think so. It is built well. She bought at the pet store when she bought Savannah. I know the pet store and they sell good quality cages. I think it looks good considering its 18 years old!

Most Reactions

Latest posts