Say a Prayer

Shoegoo

Nov 3, 2014
My little GCC Squeaky will be spending a couple of nights in the Hospital. She has been aggressively picking at her feathers. It started on her abdominal area. The behavior stopped but resumed suddenly. Yesterday, I called the Vet. and this morning he had in for an exam. She has lost 10% body weight and has a lump on her neck, its an infection of some sort. Her lungs are clear, liver is ok and blood is ok. Her place where she watched TV and XBOX with me is empty (hopefully she will return soon). She being treated with antibiotics and anti inflamatories.

Attachments

• 20230421_141429.jpg
    20230421_141429.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 31

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
My little GCC Squeaky will be spending a couple of nights in the Hospital. She has been aggressively picking at her feathers. It started on her abdominal area. The behavior stopped but resumed suddenly. Yesterday, I called the Vet. and this morning he had in for an exam. She has lost 10% body weight and has a lump on her neck, its an infection of some sort. Her lungs are clear, liver is ok and blood is ok. Her place where she watched TV and XBOX with me is empty (hopefully she will return soon). She being treated with antibiotics and anti inflamatories.
POOR BABY! I'm so sorry she's sick. I hope and pray she gets better and she's back by your side soon but in the meantime sometimes the hospital is where they belong.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh @Shoegoo, how frightening! I'm so sorry you and Squeaky are going through this, I really don't know that there is any worse feeling in the world :( I most certainly will pray for her and hope she makes a speedy recovery and is home with you very soon πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
She is back home. Hope we are still friends when her course of treatment is over. I have to hold her and feed her meds three times a day. Blame it on the towel.
SO happy to know that your girl is home, @Shoegoo, and I'm sending love, hugs and many scritches to both of you! πŸ’–

OP
S

Shoegoo

Nov 3, 2014
Thanks to everyone who read or replied. Squeaky will be returning to the Vet on Wednesday for her second followup visit. This time to remove the protective bandage. It is restrictive and she is not comfortable. But overall I'm surprised at how well she has been doing. It had to be done because she was continually opening the wound. I hope she behaves herself when the bandage is removed. 20230508_091819.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry I missed this until now! I know she'll be thrilled to get the bandage removed, and I'm sending prayers that she leaves the wound alone. It's so hard when our babies are sick and suffering, I hope that will be all behind Squeaky soon.

I hope that you get good news at the vet on Wednesday!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Squeaky is so fortunate to have such a dedicated parront as you are caring for her, and I wish the two of you all the very best for your next vet visit! πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™

OP
S

Shoegoo

Nov 3, 2014
All is good. As it turned out she was so persistent with trying to remove the collar I stepped in after 4 days, and removed it with the sharpest pair of scissors in the drawer. Vet said she is almost healed.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
All is good. As it turned out she was so persistent with trying to remove the collar I stepped in after 4 days, and removed it with the sharpest pair of scissors in the drawer. Vet said she is almost healed.
Oh this is excellent news, I'm so pleased to hear it! Continued good vibes and prayers for Squeaky's full recovery coming your way!! πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Most Reactions