Say Hello!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
While hypo calico girl was also a present I actually paid for half her cost. So she wasn't a true gift....right!! Anyway mother asked what else I wanted this year and after thinking about it and a few vet consults for Lucky and Catty. Say hello to my new boa....she will most likely be here sometime this week. I can't wait to see another big snake grow!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Thanks! I'm excited to have another boa finally.

She is a 2015 baby and eating rat pups so she isn't very big. She isn't here yet so I'm not sure on exact size. She is still going to be very small right now I'm sure!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Another pic of her from the ad:D I really like the reduced markings she has going on! Trying to think of some names...nothing coming to mind yet...

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
She's beautiful!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oooh!! Victoria, I think this is one of the prettiest ones yet (out of your collection of gorgeous snakes). That color pattern is nothing short of striking!

I'm glad you got the good news too that Lucky and Catty aren't carriers of the (boa and python?) disease, and you can get this new girl. I'm happy for you.

Your big ones are girls... Do they tend to make better pets than the males? Are there typically temperament differences between the sexes? Is there a marked behavior difference when they become sexually mature, as with most animals?

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
She's beautiful!

Yep:D She's arriving Friday morning so I'll have some new pics to share then!

Oooh!! Victoria, I think this is one of the prettiest ones yet (out of your collection of gorgeous snakes). That color pattern is nothing short of striking!

I'm glad you got the good news too that Lucky and Catty aren't carriers of the (boa and python?) disease, and you can get this new girl. I'm happy for you.

Your big ones are girls... Do they tend to make better pets than the males? Are there typically temperament differences between the sexes? Is there a marked behavior difference when they become sexually mature, as with most animals?

I've heard that some females can get a little temperamental after being breed and might not be as trustworthy after. I think overall the temperaments are the same for either gender. Back when I had more I had 2 nasty males but I had other nice males too. The females tend to get bigger than the males, which is probably why I have tendency to get the females. I know some males like my Burmese when I had him can go through a period of maturity where they are a little iffy but generally even out afterwards.

Yeah she wasn't sure what could have killed everyone exactly but she was positive it wasn't IBD. Since I've had other snakes for over a year now she said to just keep them separated like I already do and I should be fine. My two have basically been in quarantine for years so I just won't change how I do things! They are caged on the third floor everyone else is on the ground floor, they get feed at different times than the others, handled when I clean cages, and after I clean cages I take a shower and throw on new clothes. We are going to do some blood tests for other diseases, the rest are not species specific, but so little is known that it is safer to keep them in quarantine permanently. Though most of the rest of the possibilities are known to either need direct fluid exchange, shared water bowls, or feces being moved from one snake to another during cleaning time.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
So pretty! I use to have snakes but when they got to big I couldn't handle the feeding of cute rodents. Lol

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
So pretty! I use to have snakes but when they got to big I couldn't handle the feeding of cute rodents. Lol

Hahaha mother said I'm heartless since I had no problem with the process even when I was feeding my burmese who had grown past eating rats. I still feed my boa jumbo rats and she is a perfect weight. She isn't one of the huge boas though or she would have ended up on rabbits. I think my new boa girl is going to end up being bigger than Lucky. I saw pics of her mother and she didn't look small at all!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Yeah the big guys eat rabbits, guinea pigs, and baby piglets sometimes. Just part of owning them but feeding frozen is generally easier on people than live food. Kind of like when people get their meat at the grocery store if you haven't seen it die than its not an issue.

I can understand the rabbit thing though! They have that cute bunny face going on. I used to keep rats as pets and it was a little difficult at first making the switch between these are pets to these are food for the pet. Though obviously I never feed any of my pet rats (had live feeders back then)...and some of the food became pet rats instead lol

Most Reactions