Scarlet has an imaginary friend!

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
Every night when I'm sitting down watching tv, scarlet sits ontop of her cage and plays little games with herself and her toys, lately we have noticed she doesn't just play by herself, she's playing with someone else, who we can't see! (Lol she's just staring at me right now as if to say "if your writing embarrassing stories about me on that stupid phone again I'm gonna be angry!)
So anyway, she runs from one side of the cage to the other, jumps up and down, flaps her wings, makes little noises and laughs, she has so much fun while she's doing it lol I love watching her! Haha she's funny!
Does anyone else's crazy bird do this? Lol

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Of course Scarlet has an imaginary friend and she proved it to you.
She sounds so quite, and what a charming character.

When in another room in our apartment, I listen to Mishka constantly, chatting to himself. He sits in front of his mirror and asks questions and replies to them as well.
The best is when he changes his voice to reply, one would think he is definitely chatting to someone else.

000203FC.gif

OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Of course Scarlet has an imaginary friend and she proved it to you.
She sounds so quite, and what a charming character.

When in another room in our apartment, I listen to Mishka constantly, chatting to himself. He sits in front of his mirror and asks questions and replies to them as well.
The best is when he changes his voice to reply, one would think he is definitely chatting to someone else.

000203FC.gif

Haha aww that I so cute and funny! Mishka is quite the character :D talking to himself in different voices! How funny!!

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
Too funny! Oliver chats away when he's sleeping and sometimes in the morning after he eats he seems to be having an argument with a non-existent. It's very cute. Perhaps are birds need psychiatric care?

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
I don't think mine have imaginary friends but they do get going a little crazy sometimes! Jax will and sometimes Ruby get running and jumping on top of their cages. Ruby has a flat top cage with a whiffle ball on top that she loves to throw and chase after. She will even play with it from inside her cage hanging from the top bars.

OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
It's funny because she runs around her cage too from corner to corner as if she's playing a game with another parrot up there lol, and she will turn around and look behind her as if someone is there.. It's so funny I love her <3
Maybe our birds do need some kind of psychiatric care :p haha

BiancaK

Jan 2, 2013
Bloemfontein, South Africa
Parrots
Layla (Female S.I Eclectus)
We've been wondering what was "wrong" with Layla, as she also goes "crazy" every now and then. She moves so fast left to right and up and down that we thought she was dodging bullets... hahaha, but I guess it's the imaginary friend creeping up on her... you just solved our mistery! lmao! =D

Most Reactions

Latest posts