bree

Jun 13, 2012
Media
USA
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Citron Cockatoo
3 B&G Macaws
Hands up for B&G's on my end:) no offence to the scarlet as they are stunning!!
I have 3 B&G macaws, one that is featherless and 2 with outstanding colors! B&G's are much smaller and are pretty easy to manage, they don't require the humoungous cage as a scarlet would. My blues are pretty outgoing especially my chicken butt spencer:) he's called a blue and naked by the vet and groomer lol! I like both but I prefer blues because their much smaller.whatever you choose I hope their right for you:)

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
My wife, and I have only met a couple Scarlets that weren't nippy or brats to put it. I have had Scarlets tear the crap out of me including one come charging out of its cage at me. A lot of the time the Scarlets I have been around go for broke when they are biting, no pressure just go for blood, and a lot of them would do it for now reason. Scarlets can be very thick headed, and do need a lot of training. They are beautiful, but I myself could never own one. I have yet to meet a B&G that wasn't friendly or a cuddler. I have only had one get aggressive with me, and that was a boarder that had just came in at our breeders store. Which is expected though. They're in a strange place, with new people, and other birds and their flock just left them so they are going to be scared and defensive.

Most Reactions

Latest posts