Scarlet!! That was hilarious!!! Hahaha!

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
Oh I can't stop laughing, the funniest thing just happened lol. Once I get her a bit used to the camera I will try get her to repeat this.
So first off the last week or so I have realized that she thinks MY name is Scarlet.
Anyway, just before she was sitting on her perch outside her cage, and this was our conversation-
Scarlet: "SCARLET! Come heeeere!! Come onnn"
Me: "no scarlet, I'm busy, you come here"
Five minutes later she did, lander on the table in front of me, put her foot out and said "Scarlet, step up"
:O what?! Did she really just ask me to step up on HER Foot? LOL!
Then she put her foot down, cocked her head, put her foot out and said "come onnn, pretty please"
Haha!! She's so funny she's not only copying my words but my actions too! Oh she's such a smart girl! I love her to bits!! :D

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Hahahahahahaha oh what a funny girl, and gosh so smart, she's picking up those words so fast!

OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
I know! I'm gonna hide my phone next to her cage tonight if she starts talking before she goes to sleep, ill record her! She's so funny at night before she sleeps lol

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Thanks for making me laugh, Scarlett is hilarious
OMG imagine you stepping up on her LoL
Scarlet is very intelligent, her vocabulary will increase as time goes by
Just keep talking to her 24/7, making sure she joins in family conversations, this increases their vocabulary 100%.
Thanks for sharing
Hope you manage to get this on vid !!!!

OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Oh I will don't worry, I just need my phone and she tries to bite it because she hates it lol. So I'm trying to limit the amount of filming till she gets used to it. Plus she won't talk when she sees it :(
Not yet anyway!
But isn't she so smart!
But I just wonder, does she actually mean step up? I wonder if she knows what she's saying..

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Brodie you just have to look at Mishka, he knows EXACTLY what he is saying, so i bet Scarlet does too!!!
You will have to just put your phone on record and stick it under a blanket or something :D

Im sure Fargo knows that hello is a greeting, if anyone comes into my room he says hello, or he might think that hello means help, someone scary is here LOL

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Oh I will don't worry, I just need my phone and she tries to bite it because she hates it lol. So I'm trying to limit the amount of filming till she gets used to it. Plus she won't talk when she sees it :(
Not yet anyway!
But isn't she so smart!
But I just wonder, does she actually mean step up? I wonder if she knows what she's saying..

Of course she is smart, just like her mommy !!!!!!!!!!!

I am almost sure you are saying step up, each time you let her step up.... Otherwise how would she know what you are doing.

Every time I do something I tell Mishka what I am doing.
EG: Mommy is going to clean, then take the mop and begin cleaning.
Soon with mop in hand, Mishka says mommy is cleaning.

Keep up the good work
:grey:

OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Lol oh I love Fargo!
Yeah Mishka knows what his saying, and his amazing! Just like Alex amazed me!
But I wonder about scarlet, I don't know yet! Maybe it's possible for Eclectus' as well! :)

OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Yes! That's what I have been doing, I explain everything to her! And she loves it, she would listen to me all every day if she could! Lol. It works great!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Lol oh I love Fargo!
Yeah Mishka knows what his saying, and his amazing! Just like Alex amazed me!
But I wonder about scarlet, I don't know yet! Maybe it's possible for Eclectus' as well! :)

Thanks......
It is possible for any bird, no matter what species, to learn to talk and understand what they are saying.

Try make a routine, where you are able to sit and chat to your bird, each and every day.

Sure the link below will give you a good few tips...... teaching your bird to talk

subscribed.gif
Talking - How I teach Mishka to talk

:grey:

OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Thanks for the info and videos! I will watch them all when I get home tonight :) can't wait!

Most Reactions