Scientists discover that parrots hate techno

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I haven't been around the computer much, so I haven't gotten around to a Darcy update (which will have lots of pictures).

I just found this article and wanted to share it: Scientists discover that parrots universally hate techno | Death and Taxes

What kind of music does your bird like? I'm not sure what Darcy likes yet; Puck liked most music I would play, and would go "raaaaaaah" when heavy metal came on.

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
That's interesting!
I don't have a wide variety of music choices, however i made a huge discovery just the other day..
Usually when i listen to music Fargo SCREAMS over it and doesn't dance... I then listened to a one direction song and Fargo loved it, i had never seen that reaction before, he was mumbling along, and then was regurgitating !!! I got it on video as well!
So now i am stuck with one direction -.- :p hahaha

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Tab I am old and not tech savey. What on earth is one direction music:D

khaiqha

Sep 19, 2012
Lewisville, TX
Parrots
Alexandrine Ringneck,
about to be getting a Jardine's
I cringe when I read that story, because it's got bad reporting. The study shows that two individual birds have preferences in music, no more no less.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Mine like Techno and (ARGH!!!!!!) JUSTIN BIEBER!!!! :eek: Now I'm stuck listening to his edited voice in order to get them to dance! Oh no. ;)

Oliver likes Lady Gaga. :p

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
My AG loves "disco" like "I will survive" and "YMCA", she also loves Adele

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
My sun conure loves dubstep, lol.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
The Zon's LOVE music!!! I had them in the office last night and they were going nuts over Pink Floyd/David Gilmore :D Halo especially, he swirls his head around like Stevie Wonder LOL

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
My birds love music, too, ESPECIALLY the Amazons. They like nothing more than to "party" with me. Partying consists of playing some of my favorite music quite loudly, while dancing and singing along. Yup- all of us. :eek:

All my birds LOVE classical music with a passion, too. :D

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
That's interesting!
I don't have a wide variety of music choices, however i made a huge discovery just the other day..
Usually when i listen to music Fargo SCREAMS over it and doesn't dance... I then listened to a one direction song and Fargo loved it, i had never seen that reaction before, he was mumbling along, and then was regurgitating !!! I got it on video as well!
So now i am stuck with one direction -.- :p hahaha

I wanna see the video!! :-D

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Codie's favourite song is.. " Meet Me Halfway " by the Black Eyed Peas:) He also loves Rhianna!!

Blue

Aug 16, 2012
portland, or
Parrots
Odin - CAG
Salty- Hahn's Macaw
Greenie - Eclectus
Lexi- Eclectus
Tab I am old and not tech savey. What on earth is one direction music:D

One Direction is a boy band.... my 12 yr old daughter is obsessed with them

Odin likes the Elmo's world song from Sesame Street... and the Spongebob theme... he whistles parts of both

Retro21

Dec 27, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Lola, 10 yo GW macaw.
Have you all seen this video? Cracks me up every time!

[ORIGINAL] Parrot Sings Let the Bodies Hit the Floor - YouTube

For reference, this is the original song, Let the Bodies Hit the Floor by Drowning Pool, if you don't know it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-sMJZTYf0]Let The Bodies Hit The Floor (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty accurate, huh? :D

My girl, Lola, loves to sing along when we watch singing shows like American Idol or The Voice.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
I cringe when I read that story, because it's got bad reporting. The study shows that two individual birds have preferences in music, no more no less.

Yeah, I know. Not a very thorough study. I should have said something, but it was the middle of the night when I posted this. I just thought it was a fun article.

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
hahaha yes its a boy band.. I had never listened to them before until a few days ago, cause i really hate justin beiber, so i thought i wouldn't like them :p but! i listened to all of their songs, but only liked 2 of them, so Fargo can have the other 2 on repeat ;)
Heres the video, it's only short :) and i sing for a second :eek:
He talked more through what makes you beautiful, but then started regurgitating through one thing :p hahaha

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB5HQevsS3E]fargo loves 1D - YouTube[/ame]

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Georgie had favorites. It is still hard to tell with Gilbert. He pays attention if I sing to him more than if i am listening to music.....but he seemed to enjoy the Led Zeppelin Celebration Blu Ray! haha
Georgie's favorite song was the Police "Every Breath You Take". As soon as it got to "Since you're gone i've been lost without a trace. I dream at night, i can only see your face.........." she would totally get down, dancing.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
LOL That's too cute! :D I don't really like them either, but I HATE Justin Bieber! :eek: And all my fids love him!

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
Hahnzel enjoys 80's guitar riffs, does not care for heavy metal, loves to dance with us, prefers to sing with daddy...

Most Reactions