Screaming Female Eccy

jess.reco

Sep 16, 2014
Downunder - Australia
Parrots
Tequila - Solomon Island
I have a female Eccy that I’ve had for about 5 years, and she is 6. I work full time, so her schedule is she goes outside during the day, and then when I get home she comes inside and sits on top of her cage or on my shoulder. I’ve noticed in the last month, that she will randomly scream for about a minute and stop. She did it this morning when I put her outside (about 10 minutes after and I was inside), and she did it during the middle of the day on Saturday. I don’t go out and check on her when she screams as I know that only encourages it.
I don’t know why she’s just started doing this??

ChrisWink

Sep 7, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo ~ TAG DNA male

Jasper ~ U2 DNA male
What is her diet like? One of the behaviors when they are not getting the proper diet is screaming. She needs a super high nutritional diet.

OP
jess.reco

jess.reco

Sep 16, 2014
Downunder - Australia
Parrots
Tequila - Solomon Island
I feed her a mix of veggies & brown rice with occasional non coloured pellets. She's been eating the same diet for years. I also give her fruit and protein on top of that.

ChrisWink

Sep 7, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo ~ TAG DNA male

Jasper ~ U2 DNA male
I don't have any other ideas to try to help. My ekkie Toby had been screaming for quite some time and found on the web it could be diet related. I switched diet to foods from this website I found on High nutrition foods after about three weeks he quit screaming but about two months later he dropped dead on me I think I realized it was his diet too late.

This is the site I got the info from. fruitandveg

Soon someone else will hopefully have some more info for you and her screaming.

OP
jess.reco

jess.reco

Sep 16, 2014
Downunder - Australia
Parrots
Tequila - Solomon Island
Yeah I've been to that site before. She gets alot of different food and is looked after well. She's never been an active eclectus, she just likes to chew. So I give her branches to chew on. I just don't know what else to do.

OP
jess.reco

jess.reco

Sep 16, 2014
Downunder - Australia
Parrots
Tequila - Solomon Island
Not recently. I took her for a check up about a year ago and she was in perfect health. I have a feeling she's screaming because she doesn't like being outside and she's telling me to take her inside.

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots
Gizmo - Male Eclectus Parrot

Pebbles - Female Eclectus Parrot
Pebbles will vocalise to other birds, and Gizmo will join in. We have wild Lorakeets who do a fly by in the afternoon.

At 5pm I was thinking Gizmo, settle down. I started recording and it was only on playback, that I noticed Lorakeet screeching as they flew by, set Pebbles off, which in turn set off Gizmo.

Possibly not the cause for you, but something to investigate, although the Lorakeets screech is easily audible, it took the video to join the dots for me. I think video taping is a really good idea when determining causes of behaviour.

I haven't acted to stop it, I figure now I know why, that if I had people flying past my house screaming out, I would probably have a few words to say about it too :D

Cheers,

Camo

Most Reactions

Latest posts