screaming for attention !!!!

kiwination

Nov 22, 2014
California
so now echo is picking up the habit of screaming when shes not on me, not near me, no she has to be ON ME lol. she can be on the arm of the couch but unless shes not on me she'll scream untill she is or scuttle her way to me somehow. the way ive dealt with it so far is but counting to 3 then say no screaming, pick her up and putting her in her cage in her room. ive done this with all my birds can its in general worked for them, but not really for echo. if anything she seems to enjoy it or frustrated by it. ive been reading a bit and some people say that for macaws this is not the best way to do this and instead just ignore them. however when i do this she just bloops to the floor and in turn i have to pick her up na dput her back and the cycle continues

any suggestions? I swear echo is smart as hell and right now shes out witting me in everything and i cant catch up lol :D:green2:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Most Reactions

Latest posts