Sebastian. My loss because of his loss?? :(

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
I woke up this morning and everything was normal. I let the birds out for the day to climb around and do birdie things. We had recently moved our PFLB to a separate cage because he hated the ring neck and the cage I put the ring neck in was much more suitable in size for him and ChiChi.

I went to let Sebastian out and he's lying on the bottom of his cage. I knew right then, he was gone.

Him and ChiChi had gotten along very well but he was attacking the ring neck so he was put into a more lovebird size cage to prevent issues.

I think he was depressed he was without chichi. I dunno. I just had them to the vet and left with a clear bill of health. Can birds die from depression? Separation? Or sadness?? Do you think he missed living with his friend?? Even tho they still played together all day?? I only had him for 3 months. He was only 6 Months old. We buried him in the back yard under the pecan tree. :( chirp in peace, Sebastian. Mi amore.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

d6e4bcfa4f9d44f2a7d3df179c4365ca.jpg

2012-08-05122252.jpg

2012-08-05122127.jpg

Last edited:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
OMG I am so sorry for your loss. It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong so please stop trying to blame yourself

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

It's the only change I did with him since I've had him. I can't help but think it was me. I just want to prevent this from happening again.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I honestly do not belive that putting him in his own cage would cause this.

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
I am terribly sorry for your loss, that's very sad indeed. RIP Sebastian.

I also don't think he would pine away and perish because of the move. I don't want to freak you out, but I wonder if the IRN is carrying some diseases that he was vulnerable to. This seems far more likely to me than depression. Has the new bird been vetted? If not, you may want to separate him from ChiChi and have him checked out, cultures taken, all that good stuff.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Ah! I'm so sorry! Sebastion was a wonderful boy. Im soo sorry!

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
i am so sorry to hear for your loss! it was so sudden and i hope your other birds are ok.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
so sorry. i also don't think moving him would cause his death, particularly so suddenly and without warning. i have moved bonded birds before (having one get sick and have a 'hospital cage'), and even though they were upset (one found a way out of her cage to fly to her friend), it didn't cause anything like this. don't blame yourself.
birds are so good at hiding anything wrong with them. my bird just died suddenly after 11 and a half years, and i thought for sure there had to be something i did wrong, how could this happen, was she unhappy....etc etc. i did the full lab work on her and as it turns out, they say blunt trauma, like a freak accident in her own cage.
so don't blame yourself. it's just a sad thing.
and i'm so sorry for your loss. i know how it feels....i'm feeling it right now too.

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

I am terribly sorry for your loss, that's very sad indeed. RIP Sebastian.

I also don't think he would pine away and perish because of the move. I don't want to freak you out, but I wonder if the IRN is carrying some diseases that he was vulnerable to. This seems far more likely to me than depression. Has the new bird been vetted? If not, you may want to separate him from ChiChi and have him checked out, cultures taken, all that good stuff.

Yes. I stated in my original post that I just had all three to the vet. On Tuesday. Cleared them all with a clear bill of health. Chichi was so good that he got a pollypop foot toy. She keeps a bag of them in the office.

She did physical exams, Looked at their poo in the carrier, Cultures from their vents, And nail trims. She said they all looked good and if I didn't hear anything By today that the cultures were normal. And thankfully even after I found Sebastian I haven't heard a thing from her. So I'm assuming all was well.

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

so sorry. i also don't think moving him would cause his death, particularly so suddenly and without warning. i have moved bonded birds before (having one get sick and have a 'hospital cage'), and even though they were upset (one found a way out of her cage to fly to her friend), it didn't cause anything like this. don't blame yourself.
birds are so good at hiding anything wrong with them. my bird just died suddenly after 11 and a half years, and i thought for sure there had to be something i did wrong, how could this happen, was she unhappy....etc etc. i did the full lab work on her and as it turns out, they say blunt trauma, like a freak accident in her own cage.
so don't blame yourself. it's just a sad thing.
and i'm so sorry for your loss. i know how it feels....i'm feeling it right now too.

I'm so sorry about Georgie. Hugs. I hope you're doing well. I didn't have him long but I do miss his lil dorky clumsy self. :( he always chirped to me so sweet when I had chichi out so I'd have to get him so they both could hang out on my shoulder. I wonder of chichi is missing him...I dunno. I thought it might be like dogs, like if their owner dies, they mourn. *sigh*

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
Again, so sorry about Sebastian. What a shock.

cdnbirdlover

Aug 24, 2012
Canada
Parrots
Peach faced lovebird Basil
Oh I am soooo sad to see this. I have only been on this forum for a couple of weeks and have loved looking at Sebastian's picture because he reminds me of my Basil. I am heartbroken for you. My Basil is becoming more attached to me every day and I can't imagine losing him.

Most Reactions