Separate Forum for Conures that are non-Green Cheeked!!

kimmaltby

May 23, 2022
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure
Hi,

By far most of the posts in the Conure Forum are regarding Green Cheeked Conures only. Would Really like Forum Category re Conures other Conures other than GCCs, to avoid having to scroll through so many posts that are only regarding GCCs!!

Thanks

TulsiBlueVana

Oct 17, 2023
Media
Parrots
Tusli= Black-Capped Conure x1
Hi,

By far most of the posts in the Conure Forum are regarding Green Cheeked Conures only. Would Really like Forum Category re Conures other Conures other than GCCs, to avoid having to scroll through so many posts that are only regarding GCCs!!

Thanks
Hi. I’m new to the forum and my Tulsi but she’s a black-capped conure.

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
I see your suggestion, but, many have GCCs and it may take you a while to find something you want, BUT if there were a, for example, sun conure forum, wouldn’t it be NOT fair for others? Like, for macaws, other would want, BG, MM, SM, MINI MACAW, HM, and more? If you want to ask something, you could just ask! I sure there are others who would be happy to answer. Good luck! :)

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
Yeah promise you just ask. you will get a variety of good people to help.
Screenshot_20231004_114400_Gallery.jpg

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Thank you for your suggestion!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
To be honest.....they are all pretty much the same.....The GCCs are a little more aggresive than the others IMO, but not so much.

hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
Well, it is true that "conure" is a distinction largely invented by the pet industry, and though some conures are in the same family (jendays and suns for example), they really are mostly unrelated to each other.

Just thought I'd drop that little tidbit, I learned it when researching whether gccs can breed with jendays!

That said we'd have a lot of different forums if we had a new one for every type of conure 😂 I think it's fine the way it is.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts