Seriously now..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
..ok...everyone knows how much I REALLY love my fids..REALLY! I DO!!..
BUT!...there are days (like today :52:), that they push all the wrong buttons.

Both are out of their houses. Having started a new job the other day..its a 12 hour shift,and depending on traffic, takes me an hour to commute, ONE WAY..makes for a long day..and my kids miss me,as much as I miss them.

So I am on this thing,BB on my shoulder,singing,talking,whistling in my ear..FIGHTING with my ear lobe,running up and down my arms,jumping on my key board.
Amy immediately makes a beeline to BB's roof top. I feed and water both of 'em and get myself something to eat.
BB of course wants my lunch too,which I share. he really went to town on the smashed tateo's with gravey and corn nibs..gleefully jumping and running AGAIN thru the gravy :eek: and on me. He wont sit still! runs to my other shoulder,down my arm..JUMPS on my key board ( his fav thing in life to do to me) back to the gravy..back up my arm.

Now Amy is quiet,and I find her inside BB's house,hanging upside down,playing with HIS toys..of course I cant get her out. She hangs by her beaky,kicking at her perch stick I'm trying to get her on.

I went to bed as soon as I got home,about 8am and got up a little after noon..4 hours sleep,with not much sleep the 2 previous days (trying to get my old body acclimated to a 15 hour day) I'm a little CRANKY...OK?? :52: :mad: ;)

Jim :green: :grey:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Naughty birds! Bet they sense your wiped out and are taking advantage, the stinkers. So sorry you've had such a rough day with them on barely any sleep. If it were me, it would be an early bedtime for both tonight! Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I know what you're saying!

I actually think the Rbird gets aggressive when he gets any indication that I'm tired or sick or GOD FORBID if he sees me cry. He tries to bite. I wonder if that's a rooster thing... driving his hen away from danger? Warning her not to act sick or show weakness?

Yeah, I do NOT go to the Rbird for sympathy. Even if I NEED sympathy, I know to straighten up before I visit him.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Hey, that's a good nickname! Grouchy ol' Man!
I'll try it out!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Jim dont you know as parrot owners, you are not allowed to have a bad day. Not allowed. No. Bad human. Dont make me use my mad bird skills on ya! So sayeth BB, "King of the Pscatines" And you shall be my faithful hand ..er.. claw servant.

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Of course. Nobody is allowed to have a bad day except... you know.

Most Reactions