Shocking news

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
There is a payment extracted from our own lives and souls for the bad we do in this world-that negativity has a way of rebounding on us in the end. I've seen it in action before, too directly "karma-esque" in nature to ignore the shockingly obvious similarities. I've even had it happen to me and boy did I learn my lesson! These guys may find themselves on the losing end of something that hurts someday for this piece of idiocy. Although I doubt they'll be smart enough to realize why they are being punished at the time.

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.

Sad as it is, they are not the only ones doing that....When I spent time down in Brazil I was shocked that parrots are trapped in the most inhumane ways and eaten like Cornish hens we have here....I've seen this up close and personal, and I had to stand back and bite my tongue. Cultures of different places with different diversity and lifestyles we may never agree on, but they are there...and it's heartbreaking and disgusting.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Nothing shocks me anymore. And given the locale of this nonsense, it surprises me even less. :(

Akuma

Oct 19, 2014
Dubai,UAE
Parrots
CAG,abudi
Indian redneck,Rio
Please don't judge because of one report.
My country,The UAE has more than one initiative and signed agreement to protect the Houbara Basterd.
Just google UAE initiative to protect houbara basterd and see what is really done in this regard.

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
I've seen this up close and personal, and I had to stand back and bite my tongue.

Wow. Seeing something like that would break my heart as well. How awful! [emoji24]

As much as I wanted to, you can't always interfere with the ways and customs of another country, illegal or not, unless you don't care about making it out of the country in one piece.

Most Reactions