Should Have Named Him Pavlo

kmunier

Jan 1, 2013
Hello! I am new to posting on the forums, I read them but not posting.

However, my ecckie Juan should have been named after Pavlos dog.

Every time I turn on the vacuum he gets in his water dish and takes a bath, I then turn it off and he gets out. We can go on with this for awhile.

Its interesting how they learn things like that. Smart birds

I'll yell 'Honey' and the bird will yell out 'Brian'!

Karrie

Attachments

• Juan.jpg
    Juan.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 99

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I actually have an amazon that does this. Every time you turn on the vacuum cleaner, the eyes go, the happy head bob starts, and then she scurries over to her water dish and dives in...

We don't know why. None of my other birds do this. In fact, none of my fosters ever did this either. But it's not all that terribly unusual from what I'm told.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Probably reminds them on an instinctual level of thunder which= bath time!

How long have you had Juan? He looks....mischevious:D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Juan is beautiful!
Almost all of my birds go crazy when the vacuum is running and want baths. I found a 12 hour recording of a vacuum to play on bath day so my vacuum doesn't overheat..lol.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Mine rides on my shoulders whenever I vacuum. He bobs up and down, adorable!

About bathing, the guy is crazy! I will give him a bath two times a week and after I give him a bath, he dives into his water dish. So I always make sure the dish is extra clean beforehand!

Silly bird...but I love him to pieces!

Most Reactions