should i buy one more or not

incognito

Jul 3, 2012
Pakistan
Parrots
4 Pairs of CAG, Blue Fronted Amazon breeder, Vosmaeri Eclectus pair breeder, 20 Cockatiels & chicks, 3 breeder pair of INR, 2 Breeder Pair of Lorries, 2 Monk Parrot Pairs, 2 Rump Pairs, 50 love birds
dear all

its like my love for CAG is growing and i want to experience the best and longest relation with them. i know a breeder, a huge well maintained facility for his parrots(around 5 acres of land for almost any thing you can imagine for parrots, cages, nesting, flying halls, etc), awesome personality know for his love for parrots.

he has CAG's chicks and they will ready for their new homes in August, i have interest in one of them. i am bit confused as i have a very little experience and already have have two CAG namely momo and jackie(as far as i have learned about them is that they are wild caught and i dont want to return them to pet shop as i dont want my CAG treated badly as they were before). I found this breeder and have recommendations from many people, this CAG will be three month old by first week of August. should i buy one more for myself or not, as i want this CAG to be more friendly, more spoiled (in a good manner) and loved. in other words i want one which lives in no cage, no fear, no nothing just love and care from us.

i need suggestions for what to look for and mainly either i am ready or not

Didomum

Jul 9, 2012
Parrots
2 Quakers, 1 ring neck and 4 budgies. Baby Eclectus due sept 2012
I ask myself lots of questions before I add another bird. First do I have room and the money for another cage, food, and vet costs. Can we handle the added noise, mess. Am I prepared for another bird that may not want to talk, do tricks and even want to step up. If it don't behave the way we all hope am I willing to keep it. All is everyone in the family in agreement. If I answer no to any of them I know I have to Say no to the bird. I have brought birds over the years that have not been the best and have lived with it but it's not been easy. I have a couple of Quakers right now that love to try to eat me a life then be nice but I got them and I will keep taking care of them no matter what. You never know what will happen once they come home. It's luck.
With all that said if its something that your head and heart say yes to go for it.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
Getting a bird as a baby is no guarantee that when it grows up it will the what you expect it to be. You already have two CAG's and if you get another one and it disappoints you, what then? Are your expectations realistic?

willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
I don't think you need another bird, how many will you end up with until you find the right one, 3, 4 10?. Work with the 2 you have and feel lucky to have 2 CAG's.

OP
I

incognito

Jul 3, 2012
Pakistan
Parrots
4 Pairs of CAG, Blue Fronted Amazon breeder, Vosmaeri Eclectus pair breeder, 20 Cockatiels & chicks, 3 breeder pair of INR, 2 Breeder Pair of Lorries, 2 Monk Parrot Pairs, 2 Rump Pairs, 50 love birds
thank you all for your comments

and i have decided not buy any more bird until these naughty CAG's are fully tamed. i am going to divert my all thoughts of buying new bird to more devoted time and caring for my CAG's

Most Reactions