4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
yesterday i was disinsfecting everything dresser,bookshelf,closet door,etc. Andy started rubbing her head and lightly chewing everything that i cleaned and I don't know if she likes marking her territory there or something or she trying to eat it and should i allow it. I think I might switch cleaners for the birds.

what do you recommend for cleaners???

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Strong disinfectants are not good for your parrots. Really not good.
You can use a mild white vinegar solution to disinfect surfaces and its perfectly OK for them.

OP
4 way borbs

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Strong disinfectants are not good for your parrots. Really not good.
You can use a mild white vinegar solution to disinfect surfaces and its perfectly OK for them.
Im looking at my cleaner now and it is thyme based which explains Andy almost chewing the stuff i cleaned(thyme is her favorite food). the back says its safe for pets but tell me your prefrence for"boulder clean" but otherwise I think everything is fine now that I checked the back. :)

Angelica

Nov 29, 2023
yesterday i was disinsfecting everything dresser,bookshelf,closet door,etc. Andy started rubbing her head and lightly chewing everything that i cleaned and I don't know if she likes marking her territory there or something or she trying to eat it and should i allow it. I think I might switch cleaners for the birds.

A half water half white vinegar mix should be safe for your pretty little bird friend

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Im looking at my cleaner now and it is thyme based which explains Andy almost chewing the stuff i cleaned(thyme is her favorite food). the back says its safe for pets but tell me your prefrence for"boulder clean" but otherwise I think everything is fine now that I checked the back. :)
Please know that when these manufacturers say "safe for pets", 99 times out of 100 they mean dogs and cats, not birds. Also, essential plant oils used are highly concentrated, much more than that present in the actual plant, and can therefore be hazardous, As others have mentioned, white vinegar diluted with plain cold water is safest, or you could buy a product specifically made for use with birds such as "Poop Off". :)

Angelica

Nov 29, 2023
Please know that when these manufacturers say "safe for pets", 99 times out of 100 they mean dogs and cats, not birds. Also, essential plant oils used are highly concentrated, much more than that present in the actual plant, and can therefore be hazardous, As others have mentioned, white vinegar diluted with plain cold water is safest, or you could buy a product specifically made for use with birds such as "Poop Off". :)
That is true Most of the time it is just cats and dogs sometimes not even cats sadly

Angelica

Nov 29, 2023

Nature's Miracle Bird Cage & Surface Cleaner is a odorless bird cleaner that's like 8 dollars on Amazon as well but I strongly suggest the distilled white vinegar mixed with cold water I would be very safe if you continue to use the same cleaner it could affect your bird

OP
4 way borbs

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Nature's Miracle Bird Cage & Surface Cleaner is a odorless bird cleaner that's like 8 dollars on Amazon as well but I strongly suggest the distilled white vinegar mixed with cold water I would be very safe if you continue to use the same cleaner it could affect your bird
Thank you! I'll consider it.

OP
4 way borbs

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
nice, Thank you

Most Reactions

Latest posts