Shower time, Gizmo says no to needing a perch, Pebbles says yes

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots
Gizmo - Male Eclectus Parrot

Pebbles - Female Eclectus Parrot
Shower time again. I thought I would share some pictures from the mornings antics. I am considering a perch for Gizmo and Pebbles, but to be honest, apart from the fact that my shirt and hair end up wet due mostly to Gizmo, it's kind of a bonding period, so I will probably get a perch at some stage, but I make a pretty good perch for now:D

As usual things start out fairly calm and relaxed, Pebbles is usually first in, and then Gizmo and Pebbles each wait their turn.

As you can see Pebbles is sitting in the background enjoying the moment, but well aware Gizmo is going to soon get carried away in the moment.

Today Gizmo has decided he wants to get really wet

He is not even coming out today to groom, he is happy to do that under the shower, that's good news for me, because grooming usually consists of running up my arm, rubbing his face and neck into the back of my head, giving a good shake and then grooming a few feathers:rolleyes:

Pebbles has had 2 good soakings and that's all she wants today

Gizmo is far from finished

he's going to get wet, really wet

OK, times up, I turn the shower off. Gizmo decides that my wife's jumper would make a better towel than my tee shirt and hair today. Basically it's a case of him rub himself over anything that's dry, jumper, hair, shoulder, back or arm as he madly run up one arm, across her back and then back down the other arm. I apologise for the photo blur, but actually a good representation of how it plays out:D

OP
camo

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots

In all the excitement he has remained oblivious to the phone camera up until now

His energy levels drop as he realises he is being followed by the phone

Finally he decides biting the jumper is a good idea, and the game is over (it's a bad habit he has, and something we are working to stop, but given the excitement, it's done without thinking so a quick light grab of the beak reminds him that's not good manners)

So were is Pebbles if my wife is the towel and I have the camera, well she decided if I wouldn't buy her a perch, she would just use what is available, although she needs more head shaking room (She has a fascination with the dark tiles, she can see her reflection, but doesn't like the mirror, so I suspect she also sees a possible nesting hole). I think I could leave her for hours, but I probably wouldn't have any grout left:eek:

[ame="https://youtu.be/1YstF5y77Us"]Pebbles relaxes - YouTube[/ame]

hope you enjoyed.

No humans were harmed during the making of this post:D

Cheers,

Cameron

Last edited:

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
LOL!!!! Awesome shower time. Buddy goes nuts in the shower like Gizmo.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Loved the pics and video! Thanks for sharing!

I always enjoy seeing Gizmo and Pebbles' antics. And they're both looking so good and happy!

OP
camo

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to hear Buddy goes nuts too, at least I know Gizmo is somewhat normal then:D

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Looks like you're male reacts almost the same way as my Parker. He doesn't open wings or anything, he hunches over and just sort of lays into it. It's cute'

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
Willow the Umbrella Cockatoo
JMO..... a perch makes the whole process a lot easier....I'd imagine even more so with 2 of them!

Newbsi

Jul 18, 2015
Saratoga Springs NY
Parrots
Gollum - Senegal
Hatch Day- 5/8/15 &

Dobby- Indian Ringneck
Hatch Day- 7/16/15
OMG that picture of the female (IMO) would win a shower pic contest, wings down! I love it! I am not sure which one is gizmo and which one is pebbles.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
OMG that picture of the female (IMO) would win a shower pic contest, wings down! I love it! I am not sure which one is gizmo and which one is pebbles.

Gizmo is the male. Pebbles is the female.

OP
camo

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots

Yes Gizmo is the boy and Pebbles is the Girl, sorry I should have stated.

JMO..... a perch makes the whole process a lot easier....I'd imagine even more so with 2 of them!

Your right, I should do something about it, reality is it would still be a very interactive experience, I'm confident Gizmo wouldn't just sit on the perch:D

Cheers,

Camo

Most Reactions