Sigh... Skyes in the hospital cage.

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
Well, I've noticed since the weather suddenly changed Skye has been looking a bit iffy. The weather changed quickly today again and he was worse. The babies had this yesterday, and after a night in the hospital cage they were fine. The bubs weren't affected as much as Skye, though, because they have more protection against colder weather, and Marigold wasn't affected at all, because she was all snug in the nest box. So Skye has earned himself a bed in the hospital cage with two hot water bottles and a wheat bag with a lamp. I'm going to have to convince mum and dad to let him sleep in there for the night. Groan...:mad:

OP
Ratzy

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Parrots
He's all right.... he just got the worst of the weather. He is back in the cage after three hours of hospital. Might take him in tonight.

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Aww, poor thing. I hope he gets well soon!

Keep him under the heat as long as you can. Please, keep us updated on how it goes.

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Hooray! So glad he's feeling himself. Yes, just keep him under your supervision. He should be fine.

Hoping Thimble makes the same speedy recovery!

OP
Ratzy

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Parrots
I'm thinking it is caused by the sudden change in the weather. All of the budgies except for Marigold have been inside to warm up. They are fine.

Most Reactions

Latest posts