Silly Rocky

Thekatsmeow

Aug 14, 2012
Athens,Tennessee
Parrots
Scottie Rotten the Massively Minute Macaw
I am trying to get Rocky to eat Harrisons Pellets and am in the process of trying to convert my seed junkie. She had her regular food this morning and after an hour I removed her bowl. Lunchtime I put the pellets in her bowl with some sweet peas. She turned her nose up to them for a bit but I just heard "CLUNK CLUNK". She is picking up the "pellets" which are actually chunks and dropping them back into her bowl lol. I just found this funny with my entire house silent and hearing the clunk echo. Lets hope she eats them and stops playing with them. Earlier I got her to eat a chunk by pretending to eat it and that it was the most special, tasty thing I have ever had. Had to be so theatrical! Thank you, thank you...I will take my bow now.

OP
Thekatsmeow

Thekatsmeow

Aug 14, 2012
Athens,Tennessee
Parrots
When she is in her cage I feed her treats through his bars. She prefers to sleep inside her cage, go figure. I am feeding her the chunks like they are treats but it is taking some coaxing. I don't think she is very fond of the taste. I figure even if she eats less at least its total nutrition so I guess its still better.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
LOL That is TOO funny. I do the exact same things with my fids when I want them to try something new. I pretend to take a bite, while making SO much noise and fuss how yummy it is. Usually it works. But my YN Hunter is hilarious cause she will take whatever new thing I'm offering her with her foot, slowly move it towards her face. Then she tilts her head and checks out the "new thing" from each and every angle. She finally puts it into her beak. If she doesn't like it PLOP there it goes to the floor, all the while her foot is still in the same position for a little while. :)

OP
Thekatsmeow

Thekatsmeow

Aug 14, 2012
Athens,Tennessee
Parrots
She does this goofy fake eating too. If I offer her something to eat from a spoon she taps her beak on it while looking at me. She doesn't eat any of it. Its like okay I tried it now make it go away. Reminds me of when my daughter was young and her veggies would magically disappear from her plate only to reappear in her napkin.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
In my bird's opinions , Harrisons is one of the least liked among the flock. try some others.

OP
Thekatsmeow

Thekatsmeow

Aug 14, 2012
Athens,Tennessee
Parrots
Tomorrow we will be sampling Tropican and Tropimix for a treat along with our fruits and veggies. It's gonna be another award winning performance on how yummy this food will taste. Hold your applause until the end of the performance please.

Most Reactions