LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
... they didn't hear you in URUGUAY!!!!! 😆

We had a series of short but rather intense thunderstorms here in Brisbane this afternoon. As is his habit, when the rain makes a LOT of noise on the metal roof of the bird room, Val LOVES to sing his little heart out. You can hear a peal or two of thunder in this clip but Val will not be intimidated and continues to sing at top note, God love him 💖

The rest of the flock are unimpressed and just want all the noise to stop ...

IMG_1144.jpeg

….. even the usually amorous Lovejoy and Peach had their ardour momentarily dampened…
IMG_1145.jpeg

Only four days into spring and the Brisbane summer storm season is already off to a flying start - and Val provides a wonderful soundtrack!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwww, my adorable little Aussie nephew! How can you not love the sweet singing with that voice? So happy, and why wouldn't he be, with such a great birdie mum? ♥️♥️♥️

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Awwww, my adorable little Aussie nephew! How can you not love the sweet singing with that voice? So happy, and why wouldn't he be, with such a great birdie mum? ♥️♥️♥️
Awwwwwwwwwwwww, thank you Uncle Fred, I do my best!! Val is such a happy little soul who sings pretty much all day long but he saves he very best performances for when it rains, he literally sings up a storm!! 💖

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awww Val! Ona loved listening to your song.
Val puts on his best Elvis voice and says "Well thank you very much, pretty little Miss Ona! I might just have another couple numbers to sing to you real soon!!" ❤️‍🔥

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
... they didn't hear you in URUGUAY!!!!! 😆

We had a series of short but rather intense thunderstorms here in Brisbane this afternoon. As is his habit, when the rain makes a LOT of noise on the metal roof of the bird room, Val LOVES to sing his little heart out. You can hear a peal or two of thunder in this clip but Val will not be intimidated and continues to sing at top note, God love him 💖

The rest of the flock are unimpressed and just want all the noise to stop ...

View attachment 53950

….. even the usually amorous Lovejoy and Peach had their ardour momentarily dampened…
View attachment 53951

Only four days into spring and the Brisbane summer storm season is already off to a flying start - and Val provides a wonderful soundtrack!
It's amazing how much some budgies just love noise and can't resist singing along to it- the louder the noise the louder they chirp!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
We've got a bit of a mini-heatwave here in Briz Vegas at present, current reading 37.5C, or almost 100F for y'all up north. I've got one fan trained on me and another in the birdroom trying to keep us all cool. Everyone seems a bit drowsy and listless except for Val, who has been sitting here for at least the last hour singin' his little heart out. I didn't want to get any closer to him to record cos he'd probably stop!

The cage door is open so he can come and go as he wants, but he's just happy to sit there and sing, whatever the weather! Good birdy, Val 💖

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awwwwww, budgie chatter is so stinking cute! Sing it to me, little man! ♥️
Yeah, he's wonderful to have around. He's a ton of fun and mischief poured into that tiny little fuzzy body and he sings ALL. THE. TIME!!!!! 💝

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
iQue precioso! I wonder exactly what inspires him so. I've heard that seasonal rain in general excites the roosters into breeding... maybe the thunder claps just send him into a pompatus of love!

"Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
'Cause I speak of the pompatus of love."
I think this is Val's song!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
iQue precioso! I wonder exactly what inspires him so. I've heard that seasonal rain in general excites the roosters into breeding... maybe the thunder claps just send him into a pompatus of love!

"Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
'Cause I speak of the pompatus of love."
I think this is Val's song!
Rain hail or shine, nobody but nobody pompatusses quite like my Val, Aunty G. I didn't name him "Valentino" for nuthin', ya know?? ;)

Most Reactions