Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, he does not even look like the same bird! He looks amazing & I bet he feels so much better:)

ct92404

Oct 14, 2012
California
Parrots
My first bird was a parakeet named Buddy (passed away November 8, 2012). My newest friend is a parakeet named Chipper.
WOW! He looks a lot better! His feathers look soft! :)

You can tell he's happy, his eyes look clear and alert and he's looking around and curious about his surroundings. He's already starting to enjoy a better life. That was so kind of you to take him and give him the love and care he deserves.

Buzz2537

Aug 16, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw
He looks great. I just took my 88 year old father's Tiel. Identical twin to yours. I too just gave him his first bath in at least two years. Made a big difference. How old is your baby? My boy is an old man. Possibly 20 years old. Trying to make the best for however long he has.

OP
aether-drifter

aether-drifter

Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
He looks great. I just took my 88 year old father's Tiel. Identical twin to yours. I too just gave him his first bath in at least two years. Made a big difference. How old is your baby? My boy is an old man. Possibly 20 years old. Trying to make the best for however long he has.

Yep, I was thinking when I read your story about taking in the tiel, that it was remarkably similar to Sir Pearl's story (except that Pearl was adopted from an animal shelter). He is at least 15, but we don't know his exact age. All we know is the family bought him from a pet store about 15 years ago. But tiels can live up to 30 or even longer, especially normal greys (they seem to be hardier).

He is not my bird...I just watched him for a few days until he could have a vet check, as my friend who adopted him didn't have a place to quarantine. He's in his new home now and doing very well. He's extremely skinny, but starting to eat better so hopefully he'll start to put on weight soon. :)

Buzz2537

Aug 16, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw
That is great. I found out tonight from the original owner that Cricket, is definately 20 years old and will be 21 in July. He too is dojng really well. Seems like he has perked up here. Me however is dying from allergies. i knew I was allergic to the Cockatoos, but never imagined the severity of wheezing and couphing such a small Tiel could bring on. i bought an air purifier and change my cloths after holding him so I hope it helps. Nothing I can do. i would never hurt my dad by rehomong him, I promised he would be with me until God decides it is his time and I will not send him back to my dad, he is 88 and the bird was not being taken care of. Ugh.

Most Reactions