Sisal rope and play gyms

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I take mine down to the self serve car wash and give them a good soap and water scrubdown with a brush. I'm not big on using anything like bleach. I'm just a bit paranoid about stuff like that.

OP
Psittaciformes
Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
I will :D . This will be my first toy making so kinda excited about it. Nothing fancy just wanted to try

Exciting! I can't wait 'till I have all the equipment I need to make toys, should be by the end of the month!

I take mine down to the self serve car wash and give them a good soap and water scrubdown with a brush. I'm not big on using anything like bleach. I'm just a bit paranoid about stuff like that.

Me too, but I read about so many people using it it kinda made me think maybe it's not that big of a deal then, good thing I second guessed myself!
Do they use a special kind of soap there that's stronger than regular household soap? I was considering using soap but then got scared Kiwiberry would eat it if it got absorbed into the wood.

Last edited:
OP
Psittaciformes
Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
He's a clever man ;)
I'd feel awkward going in there with a big piece of wood haha

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Who cares what it looks like? Ever people watch? Us bird people aren't the only weird ones walking around out there:54::09:

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
The car wash is a great idea! The self-serve ones usually have spray wands that will work perfectly!!

If this is something you plan on doing a lot, I would suggest investing in a power washer-- mine was under a couple hundred dollars and does a phenomenal job....plus I have a 4000psi tip that strips bark off like a hot knife through butter :p lol

OP
Psittaciformes
Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Haha I hope not, who cares if we're the only ones though, we're so much cooler anyway ;)

Shirre, there's absolutely no room for a power washer in this apartment :p There's no way I could afford one now anyway, gotta stick to the old school methods for now.
Besides, I'm just starting out with all the DIY stuff now, so if I find myself doing it a lot, it's definitely something I'll take into consideration, thanks for the suggestion :)

Best watch your fingers with the 4000psi tip huh

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Oh you're killing me here!! Lol (jk)

Be careful- DIY stuff is addicting!! Lol my poor husband thought he had the garage for a "man cave" and it's turned into the "bird cave" Hahhaha *innocent look*

OP
Psittaciformes
Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
It's not my fault! :(
I bet it is, I'm already really excited about it and I haven't even started yet!
I'd rather have a bird cave than a man cave. When I get my own place it's gonna be a freaking jungle! I honestly wouldn't mind adding a TON of big plants and trimmed fruit trees and have a few un-caged birds, as long as they're all friends.

Most Reactions

Latest posts