Skittles, Auditioning for the Salvation Army

forbey

Apr 26, 2013
Media
Skittles has a chain with a bell hanging from one end in his cage. He had been ringing the bell for some time before I captured him on video. Not sure if it will play. (Someone please let me know. Tnx.)

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
OMG, what a cute act he is practicing for the hilidays!
I love the way he is holding the bell up......

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Yup, video works GREAT. :D Skittles sure is having a blast with that bell. :)

Ok, PLEASE forgive me for saying this: Please be careful with the long chain attached to the bell. I know my Sam would have already hanged himself with it because he's SO super active and inquisitive all the time. :eek:

OP
forbey

forbey

Apr 26, 2013
Media
Yup, video works GREAT. :D Skittles sure is having a blast with that bell. :)

Ok, PLEASE forgive me for saying this: Please be careful with the long chain attached to the bell. I know my Sam would have already hanged himself with it because he's SO super active and inquisitive all the time. :eek:

So far, Skittles doesn't climb the chain; however, I'm in the process of making new blocks to string on the chain. After all the toys he WON'T play with, I discovere he's hell on wood!

I managed to pick up a large bundle of untreated, kiln-dried lumber from a local cabinet maker. (they said I could clean out their scrap pile any time I wanted.) I'm debating just making some shapes and not coloring them to see if Skittles cares whether they're colored or not.

The right sized drill bit in a drill press and a good scroll saw is all it takes to save a bunch of maoney!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
NICE!!! I bet Skittles will like them uncolored, too. I was lazy during my last masonry workout and left them uncolored for the big macs. They chewed them up just the same. :54:

CaitlinBird

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Achilles my blind Cockatiel, she is four years old.

a Moluccan Cockatoo that it's over 30 years old.
SKITTLES IS TOO CUTE! I swear, I'm gonna find where you live and steal the little greenie! He can really entertain himself!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
What a talent! Skittles has rhythm! And how clever to figure out such a novel way of using a bell! My Beaks don't do bells: two seconds and they bite the clappers out. Skittles is just adorable in the way he holds his bell and studiously plays it (note I said 'plays it', not 'plays with it'). I think he's Gifted!

OP
forbey

forbey

Apr 26, 2013
Media
What a talent! Skittles has rhythm! And how clever to figure out such a novel way of using a bell! My Beaks don't do bells: two seconds and they bite the clappers out. Skittles is just adorable in the way he holds his bell and studiously plays it (note I said 'plays it', not 'plays with it'). I think he's Gifted!

I'm not sure why he can't, but all he is doing is trying to remove the clapper. He has a habit of unscrewing the clasp aqt the top and dropping the chain to the bottom of the cage. I really have to tork it tight to keep hm from doing it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts