Skittles & Bed Time Bonding

forbey

Apr 26, 2013
Media
Finally got some of my Skittles TV productions to upload to Photobucket. Here is one of the videos taken June 20th right before bed time. I can't get him off the top of the cage, so we just play on top of it.The cell phone camera is still a little new to him.

I hope to post more over the weekend.

Forbey

OP
forbey

forbey

Apr 26, 2013
Media
Just out of curiosity, has everyone been able to open the video link?

It is my first time tring to work with him with one hand and record with the other. While trying to get Skittles in the camera, Skittles is trying to figure out how he can eat the phone!

Thanks,

Forbey

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Yup, I was able to watch the video just fine. :)

Skittles wanted some loving, I see. And how cute when he replies "come here" after you tell him to "come here". :D I thought he was going to roll on his back in the end, when he was holding on to the cage with his beak, and leaning way over to one side.

Really cute!!!

OP
forbey

forbey

Apr 26, 2013
Media
And how cute when he replies "come here" after you tell him to "come here".

That is my son's crowning achievement as a parrot "trainer". Instead of teaching Skittles to come here and step up; he taught him to say "come here" and "step up". I'm working to resolve the confusion.

christinereed

Mar 13, 2013
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Emily, dbl yellow Amazon
And how cute when he replies "come here" after you tell him to "come here".

That is my son's crowning achievement as a parrot "trainer". Instead of teaching Skittles to come here and step up; he taught him to say "come here" and "step up". I'm working to resolve the confusion.

That's funny.

When Emily chatters she'll say, "Come here! Come here!" and, "Step up, step up. Good girl." I'm afraid I get a pet for companionship and I'm not much of a trainer. It reminds me distinctly of those poor rats in the Skinner box in Psych 101. I'd rather spend time playing with her than training. I'm going to an open house tomorrow for a animal behvior center. Perhaps the expert there will get me to change my mind.

Most Reactions