Skye update, 3 weeks already!

Nov 12, 2019
New England
Parrots
4 budgies, 1 cockatiel, 1 canary winged parakeet
I am truly amazed at how much progress we have made in such a short time. Skye is such an amazing little guy. In 3 weeks we have been able to gain his trust much faster than we anticipated. He will do just about anything for millet. Then again, we only offer it for interaction time. He’s calling out frequently when we are home and if we don’t get to him in what he determines to be an acceptable amount of time he screams until we do come in. Sometimes whistling back or talking to him is enough, other times he demands a “training” session. He will step up onto a perch for us, as long as we don’t try to bring him out of his cage he will happily stay there and think about nibbling our fingers. He will also eat millet from our hands while standing on our arms. He’s still finger shy, but I doubt that will last much longer. His new cage arrived from amazon (not the original plan at all) and we will hopefully assemble it in the next few days. He’s playing with his toys finally and is just such a goof ball. I can see why Budgies are so addicting! He has favorite songs and “sings” along while doing this weird little bob thing with his wings and head. He still refuses to actually eat the veggies we offer but he investigates and tosses them around a bit. He has pin feathers sticking out all over his head, neck, and chest but seems to be more comfortable than he was. My daughter is definitely his favorite person, which is PERFECT because Skye is her bird after all. She has been so good with him! Feeding him, cleaning his cage, all of it has been my daughter’s responsibility. I’ll offer the advice we have gotten from all of you and she follows through.
I am truly amazed at how quickly he has realized that giant humans aren’t going to try to eat him, but Skye is not comfortable with new people. I don’t see that as a problem, it’s just something we noticed the past couple of days.

The advice I’ve received has been so helpful in building this amazing new relationship with Skye. Thank you all for chipping in, it has truly made a huge impact.

[emoji3060]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
What a wonderful update! Congratulations on the progress you guys are doing amazing!!! Can't wait to see a picture of the new cage! :)!

OP
I
Nov 12, 2019
New England
Parrots
4 budgies, 1 cockatiel, 1 canary winged parakeet
What a wonderful update! Congratulations on the progress you guys are doing amazing!!! Can't wait to see a picture of the new cage! :)!

Thank you!
As soon as it’s put together I’ll post a picture. Hopefully it’s not to much of a pain. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions