Sleeping/nighttime problems! Please Help!!

themacinjosh

Mar 8, 2012
So all day today the bird looked great, was very vocal and active, everything was normal. At night, she burrowed under my hoodie as always and relaxed there for awhile before I put her in her cage for bed. For a few hours I didn't hear anything to indicate anything was out of the ordinary...then suddenly i heard her eating millet...then heard her toy with the bell on it ring...I went to check on her, she was hunched over wide awake and just nibbling on millet. After about a half hour, she still was like that...I took her back out, had her relax with me again cuddling (this was at about 4am) and now she's back in her cage and doing the same thing again.

What's going on here?? I'm staying up until I see her try to go to sleep but I just am not sure she will...

OP
T

themacinjosh

Mar 8, 2012
Just after typing this she assumed the sleep position....but i don't know for how long, i seem to be hearing her waking up frequently. and it's silent in this room save for an austin air health mate air purifier which is just subtle white noise.

Still, any feedback would be appreciated!!

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lol let her be if she is up when she is in her sleep cage/time

or she will figure out making a noise brings you to her!!

try turning lights out/ black out curtains or covering, it gets light here from 6 am now so nut wakes with the sun raise even though she is covered, but has the patiance to wait till gone 7 :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I agree, just leave her be. Stay quiet yourself and she will go back to sleep. Sometimes they wake up for a little bit, and preen or even eat a little or drink a little. They might mess with a toy for a few minutes as well, but they do go back to sleep if their humans don't acknowledge them.

sssaucey

May 12, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Jewels-peachface lovebird
Ivy- budgie
Like the others said just leave her be, my lovie often eats during the night and if she hears me she'll start calling to me. Just ignore them and they'll go back to sleep

Most Reactions

Latest posts