Slender-Billed Corella

Wings

Jun 14, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Budgie, "Julie"
Well, today i saw the most magnificent bird. Sitting their in the cage was a Slender-Billed Corella! One of the rarer birds i have seen, and quite a looker as well. Going to the bird-store to look at african greys, i saw the corella, and thought about a post i saw.. "Instead of choosing the species, let the species choose you". The corella was one of the birds that caught my eye. A little pricey, being a rarer bird, but still... might actually get one! Of course the corella i saw was sold already (just my luck), or i would have gotten it. I got home and did some research... one of the rarest cockatoos to find in the U.S, and will be a couple years before i even find one to buy... I then heard it talk, and boy can it do so! I might not get the bird due to its large, sharp beak, but if i do, won't be for a couple years... just more time for me to find another bird to impact my decision making problems...lol

:whiteblue:

Klaery

Jul 8, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Elroy - Hahns macaw, Ponyo - Sun conure
Very common here in Australia. Very intelligent birds and as you have seen they can talk quite well. Like any too though they can have behavioural issues (though in my experience less than larger sulfur crested toos etc - see avatar) and when they want to be they are LOUD. A freind of mine keeps a pair of them and I board them for him from time to time. Any questions just ask :)

Last edited:
OP
Wings

Wings

Jun 14, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Budgie, "Julie"
What other, less demanding cockatoos are there? Correct me if i am wrong but are black cockatoos more independent than the whites? Not going to get one though.... run around $15,000 here in the states. Also are galahs more stable as well as goffin's, and Little Corellas? You guys in Aus are so lucky, $200 galahs, like $1500 here... also little corellas are around the same here in the states... cockatoos are pricy birds! We do have our african greys and macaws (aren't macaws a little more pricy their aswell?) BUt none of our parrots are "cheap" none indigenous to the US that aren't extinct or unobtainable. WEll thanks for your time... :D

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Black cockatoos are a little more independent. I can really think of any other less demanding cockatoos than what has already been mentioned lol

It's so easy to fall in love with parrots, there's this pet store in San Fransisco on the edge of China town and Little Italy that usually has parrots, I was in love with their African grays even though they wanted nothing to do with me haha.

OP
Wings

Wings

Jun 14, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Budgie, "Julie"
Yeah same here, i got all of my money together to get that grey today but they hated my soul. Those piercing eyes... i was talking to them asking if they wanted to come home with me. The baby in the back still had it's black eyes, and was drinking water. I asked them "Wanna come home with me precious babies?" and the baby in the back of the cage yells "NO!" really loud... lollol

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Take your time and you'll find the right bird that will choose you!!! All the years I've owned birds I've only encounter one that I had an issue with, he was a Umbrella Cockatoo named Java, I recently give him up for adoption to someone more experienced then I am with Umbrellas as he's got over 30 years of experience. I do miss him though, but my god how clean my bird room is now without him. I can clean clean clean, an hour later everything is covered with dust and there's even an air purifier running....

OP
Wings

Wings

Jun 14, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Budgie, "Julie"
Choosing a bird is so hard to do. It's kind of scary how different all the species are.

forbey

Apr 26, 2013
Media
Well, today i saw the most magnificent bird. Sitting their in the cage was a Slender-Billed Corella! One of the rarer birds i have seen, and quite a looker as well. Going to the bird-store to look at african greys, i saw the corella, and thought about a post i saw.. "Instead of choosing the species, let the species choose you". The corella was one of the birds that caught my eye. A little pricey, being a rarer bird, but still... might actually get one! Of course the corella i saw was sold already (just my luck), or i would have gotten it. I got home and did some research... one of the rarest cockatoos to find in the U.S, and will be a couple years before i even find one to buy... I then heard it talk, and boy can it do so! I might not get the bird due to its large, sharp beak, but if i do, won't be for a couple years... just more time for me to find another bird to impact my decision making problems...lol:whiteblue:

Are you talking about a white bird, with red around they eyes? :confused:

The ones I saw on a Google Image search look like Extreme Martial Arts Cockatoos ... AFTER the fight! :52: (Sorry, couldn't help myself!)

longbill4.jpg

Last edited:

forbey

Apr 26, 2013
Media
longbill4.jpg

Whatcha wanna do?

I dunno, whatcha wanna do?

Looks kind of "Barbershop Quartet" I'm waiting for them to kick in to a few verses of "We're Your Friends" from "the Jungle Book". (Austrailian accent and all.)

Most Reactions