Small Update: Injured Budgie

Alicia Garcia

Aug 11, 2023
Parrots
Budgies
Okay, not a big one to some, but big to me is I'm noticing that Sage (injured budgie) DOES seem to be favoring her foot however this could be a sleeping position, right? I'm going to keep checking anyways (Correct me if I'm wrong) so I might have to check and see what I can do because my family and I don't have the money for a vet to double check which worries me because I'm the reason shes like this and I didn't mean it. :((

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Birds tend to sleep with one foot up. Even mild bruising can cause them to favor a foot. Our conure and Amazon like to chew their toes just for fun. I think your little guy is going to be just fine. Letting him get undisturbed sleep is the best care you can give him right now.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I agree with ravvlet, it’s normal for a bird to slightly favor a foot that’s injured. That doesn’t mean it’s a serious injury, the foot is just a bit tender. She might favor that foot for a few days. I know you feel bad; I would too, but it was an accident. These things happen. Clearly you care about these little birds 🙂

OP
A

Alicia Garcia

Aug 11, 2023
Parrots
Budgies
I agree with ravvlet, it’s normal for a bird to slightly favor a foot that’s injured. That doesn’t mean it’s a serious injury, the foot is just a bit tender. She might favor that foot for a few days. I know you feel bad; I would too, but it was an accident. These things happen. Clearly you care about these little birds 🙂
That's good to know, thank you both!

Most Reactions

Latest posts