Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
I had two incidents that I just was amazed by with Kyo this week.

1) I took her over to my parents house. She looooves going to Nanny's house with no cats or other animals to compete with for attention, and able to fly around the huge entry level. Well, normally getting her to go in the carrier is not always the easiest thing (lots of treats to coax) But that day, all I had to do was put her little food dish in there and say "want to go to nanny's house?" and she literally flew right over and climbed in!!

2) The other night she started to get a little bit nippy right around bed time. Kyo ALWAYS gets a treat for going into her cage, every time. After a while I finally clued in that maybe she was ready for bed. So I asked her, "Kyo, is it bed time? No, she didn't fly to the cage right away, but she did fly over to where her treats are. So I opened up the bag of almonds, and the little devil flew right over to her food dish in the cage, waiting for her treat to go in XD

I am so happy to have her in my life. It really feels like watching my child grow up and learn over time.

Newbsi

Jul 18, 2015
Saratoga Springs NY
Parrots
Gollum - Senegal
Hatch Day- 5/8/15 &

Dobby- Indian Ringneck
Hatch Day- 7/16/15
How sweet! I feel more of a connection with Gollum than I have any animal in the past. I like animals, I do... but I think I might just love Gollum!

How long have you had Kyo? How old is she?

OP
Kyoto

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
How sweet! I feel more of a connection with Gollum than I have any animal in the past. I like animals, I do... but I think I might just love Gollum!

How long have you had Kyo? How old is she?

I got Kyoto near the end of March, and she was about 12 weeks old. So she's roughly 5 or 6 months old now.

I hope birdy puberty isn't too hard on her… really loving what a wonderful companion she has become :3

Newbsi

Jul 18, 2015
Saratoga Springs NY
Parrots
Gollum - Senegal
Hatch Day- 5/8/15 &

Dobby- Indian Ringneck
Hatch Day- 7/16/15
I know that feeling. After all the reading, I am really nervous about it too.
Maybe by then there will be a Parrot Whisperer that could help if needed ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts