Smarty

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
A while ago I bought Sisqo a foraging toy, it is a plastic chest with two handles to *lock* it. It's transparent, so he can see the delicious almonds that are inside. ~I would post a pic, but this computer is lacking any technology post 1995~.

Well anyway, I put it in Sisqo's cage and let him fool around with it for a while, but he's kind of a lazy guy so he gave up after about 10 minutes. Gigi hopped on over, and grabbed the toy from the OUTSIDE of the cage (he won't go in Sisqo's cage), and opened it within seconds. I couldn't believe it!

He's a smart guy. If only he would use those smarts to know that I'm not gonna hurt him. Argh!

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Isnt that just the cutest, i wish my guy could open it, maybe try and find something like that and see. Hm, he'd prob just eat the whole thing:eek:

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
I was looking for such a toy the other day but the one I found had two big holes that I should put two whole wallnuts there with the shell so as not to fall out whith a slight shaking..:D
And since he has 3 bowls for feeding I didn't buy that one.There are some nice ones but I think I have to order them.:p

I'm sure Gigi is very smart Nicole, he just needs his time because as I've read from old threads he has gone through a lot in his life.

Follow his pace and he won't let you down!:)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thats great news :59: well that Gigi could open it anyway, bucc was a bit like Sisqo, he loved it til he finally opened it, then got fed up with it and never touched it again. He didn't even eat the yummy treat I'd put in for him. :06:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Looks like you will have to give the Sisqo those small little lollipops ... what are they called .. dum-dums ... :LOL:

Most Reactions