Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
I think this is really a great thread, except that it turned to another thing, i think its really one of the best and its a good thing to bring up. My brother used to smoke and my sister still does, but they are not allowed to smoke in the house. Which is a good thing, i think the one reason birds start getting ill and even plucking, is of great concern for us birdie lovers and warning against the harm nicotene brings is very important. And great on you Deanna, to admit that you are a smoker but would go that extra step to ensure the health and wellbeing of your fids.;)

Circumstances, stress and influence cause people to turn to something, be it smoke, overeating or drinking. At the end its not what you do, its how you treat and care for others you love, and i'm proud to have you as a Smoking Parront on this board, cause you understand what the fids go through and can educate other smokers on what they should know and how to protect their loved ones (be it fids or kids).

Thank you again, i'm very against smoking as i developed migraine from it and was very i'll for a very long time. But as i said, you go the extra mile, and i respect you for that.:)

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Deanna, I am sorry if my post came off sounding accusational ... it was not meant to be that way ... it was a general blanket statement, and not pointed in any one direction, I have just studied a lot of information with how that particular drug affects human brain development ... I was trying to reinforce the fact that lung cancer isn't the only thing that comes from smoking ... as a side note, for very personal reasons, I hate it when I see pregnant women not taking care of themselves ...

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
You lot spend too much time worrying about each others feelings.
How about we all just take a step back and stop pussie-footing about?
I had a go a friend (read aquaintance) who was still smoking though her pregnancy. You guys ready for this one?... She justified her actions by saying smokers have smaller babies, so it wont hurt so much when it comes out. Why is there a law against hitting Stoopid women?????

Last edited:

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
MOI??? Non, Non, Non.
Stirring the pot for the sake of it would be bad, So I didn't say American women. Just stoopid women. I'm told there is a difference.

Last edited:
OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
**Deanna looks quite bemused** ...

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Ok, why don't we just let this thread just die off quietly now ... never to be seen or heard from again ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions