Sneezing

jeninec11769

Nov 8, 2021
california
Parrots
Paulie and Phoebe GCC
Hi Everyone!

I have a question/concern about sneezing.

I have done some reading and researching and seems usually it is due to a respiratory infection.
my Birbygirl has recently started sneezing Her behavior is pretty normal. She has always been pretty feisty(aggressive).

I have checked her nose and seems to be the left one has a Lil bit of mucus. It's not a HUGE noticeable thing. But the sneezing does concern me.
Los Angeles weather has been very cold lately. I do have a heater and maintain the house at a comfortable level for them. They are not freezing nor are they in to much Heat. I started to turn on my humidifier lower level but for longer time periods.

Seems the sneezing is not "nonstop" but it has been something to bring us to attention.
We have already set up a vet appointment for her Thursday. So she will be seeing her Vet.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had similar sneezing? or any other advice..?

Thanks! :)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Sneezing is a sign of a sick bird and only a vet can diagnose her; so see what the vet says on Thursday and go from there.

OP
jeninec11769

jeninec11769

Nov 8, 2021
california
Parrots
Paulie and Phoebe GCC
Update:
The vet said they are very healthy! Might be the weather LA has been cold these past weeks. Or could be preening dust from their own feathers.

Will continue to monitor and if it continues and looks worse she will then do some lab work. They were both checked by her (the vet is amazing). Lungs are strong and breathing is normal.

Other than that they are healthy and nothing looks or seems to be a concern or abnormal to her.

Just wanted to post an update! I know some people come on here to look for answers, Even tho of course it's always BEST to get help from a professional. This is just an FYI :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts