So, I won a trip to Mauritius...

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
I was chosen as the best Trainer (adult education) in our company division for the year and with that comes a 5 day trip to Mauritius. (Don't be too impressed, I was only the best out of a total 10 LOL! :eek:)

Anyway, we are leaving on April 11th and I was wondering if any of you have experience of what I could find there for my fids to bring home? Obviously not fresh produce but other things?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Congrats on winning! I don't know where Mauritius is, but if it's anywhere near a beach, seashells are great for birds (so long as you sterilize them). So are rocks (large enough not to swallow, of course). Kiwi just loves playing with pebbles. And otherwise keep your eyes open for little things- wine bottle corks, drink umbrellas ext...

Hope you have fun!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
The only reason I knew where it was is because I am a surfer... and there are some world class reef breaks on the island. I've seen videos of it.

How can you tell when you are a parrot person?!

You get a free vacation, and are wondering what kind of souvineers to bring back for the parrot! :32:

It's funny, I went to three different stores this weekend, plus a fleamarket.

I didn't leave any of them without at least something for the birds...

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
The only reason I knew where it was is because I am a surfer... and there are some world class reef breaks on the island. I've seen videos of it.

How can you tell when you are a parrot person?!

You get a free vacation, and are wondering what kind of souvineers to bring back for the parrot! :32:

It's funny, I went to three different stores this weekend, plus a fleamarket.

I didn't leave any of them without at least something for the birds...

Birdman - how are you!? Have not seen you post in a bit, or am I here too often and it just seems a while???

We do the same exact thing, no matter where we go, I am always looking at what can be used for the birds :) We all went to see the Broadway Disney Beauty and the Beast play earlier this month and driving thru the town where it was, there was a teacher type store and Victoria and I both had the same thought, we should stop there afterwards, bet they would have some good bird stuff :)

I pop into the local thrift shops now always looking for baby and kid toys. Just purchased the older 70s style Fisher Price sorter shape in the yellow container with 3 different colored shapes... figured even if we couldn't teach Ivory or Folger to sort them and put them into the openings, the shapes would make great foot toys :) And I actively hunt out natural wicker and bamboo placements. Perfect size to tie shreddables on and hang on back of the cage :)

Crazy bird people... never know where they will show up :)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Hanging in there. Been busy. Not much to say. Same old, same old.

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Hanging in there. Been busy. Not much to say. Same old, same old.

Happy to see you pop back up... and you always have something interesting to say. :)

Most Reactions