So My Morning!!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Sooo I had a farrier appointment for Chip, my quarter horse... I go to make sure everything is in my purse and run out the door. Turns out my wallet was GONE. I had around 200 cash, 100 gift card, and my credit cards/debit card in that thing. I hadn't gone to the bank yet for the cash... checked online to see if my cards had been used and nothing had been spent. I hadn't gone anywhere since Wednesday night since my morning thing got canceled Thursday and had no classes yesterday. The only place it could have been left is my college class from Wednesday...

So called security...no I haven't seen it have you checked with the building?? I figured someone would have taken the money but left the wallet to be turned in by one of the teachers. So I'm thinking they took the money and trashed the wallet. But I drive down to the college anyway to check the room.... IT WAS THERE....so freaking lucky! Everything was in it and luckily it had fallen in a bunch of computer wires where it wasn't noticeable unless you happened to be looking there or were specifically looking for the thing in that area. The teachers that had been in that room hadn't noticed it either!

Haha thats my heart attack for the day:52:

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
My response to it... besides where is my money for driving you down to school, was that the girl has a horseshoe up her butt!! Talk about lucky...

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That is awesome news, Victoria:)
On the news the other day, they said that a guy lost his wallet at a Marlin's game, and when it was returned, there was an extra $20 in it and a note that read in part: "I added $20 to it so you know the world is a great place. Do me a favor and when you get the chance, do something nice for someone else."

There are good things that happen and I am so glad that you got your wallet back safe and sound:)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
@Victoria: How lucky are you?!? Jen may have a point about that horseshoe! (Though the placement is quite unfortunate...) :eek:

@Terry: Come on, Terry. You can tell us. You're the one who slipped the extra 20 into the guy's wallet, aren't you? Sounds like something you might have done. ;)

Funny counterpoint story: Back when I lived in the Bronx, my friend told me of someone who's car was stolen from a parking lot. When this poor guy returned to his spot, all he saw in the space where his car had been were the hacksawed remains of the security club that had been affixed to his steering wheel and a note with a tip: "Really? You might want to look into better security." Wow. Messed up, but I had to laugh.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Victoria that is really something! :11: I was so relieved for you to hear it was there! Whew. That sort of thing is really nerve wracking.

I remember a similar incident years ago... I was very irresponsible when I was a teenager. Always leaving things places and losing things.

I was at Knott's Berry Farm (theme park) out here in Southern CA (not sure how well known it is outside CA) but sort of like a Disneyland? So, at this LARGE, BUSY, public place.... I sat on a bench, and when I got up from the bench I left my purse just sitting there in plain sight!! :eek: I was so stupid that it took me hours to realize I didn't have my purse! I went right back to that bench where I thought I'd most likely left it, and it was THERE. In plain sight. After many hours. In a crowded public place!! I guess everyone assumed that it belonged to someone standing nearby? I wonder how long it would be left alone now in 2014?

Terry, that is an awesome story :) Too much DIShonesty these days, it's so nice to hear when the opposite happens!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Yeah I was so surprised to see it there! I'm thinking I was just lucky it hadn't been spotted... I didn't hold out much hope it would be there after I called and it hadn't been turned in. Glad I went to check the room anyway!!

I had read that story Terry. Always nice to see:)

I can't believe your purse was still there!! Your right they probably thought it was someones standing close by it.

And I haven't noticed any horse shoes in unfortuante places. Think I would notice that:p Though I did mention there was probably an evil aura radiating from my wallet since it is mine and people instinctual avoided that area:D;)

Most Reactions