So Proud !!!

Littlebirdie

Feb 16, 2016
UK
Parrots
Sun Conure
Hi everyone, Sorry for long post but i just have to share !!!

Following from my other post regarding training Flame, i thought right, i will start ( 15mins ago ) I got her fav treat together and although i know training shouldnt be near her cage, (I cannot get her to go from my hand to anywhere else but my sholder so at the mo a training perch/ gym isnt an option till i get get her to learn the step up) i placed a pearch on the outside. I told myself, that if she doesnt want to do this its fine. I wasnt building my hopes up lol

Shed been wanting to come out all morning but i thought that she woud be better to come out at the same time everyday, which for me with work is 12:30 So i opend the cage, She is normally waiting at it for me, but for the first time EVER, she didnt want to come out, this is rare. So i tried for a few mins then decided, thats ok. I closed the cage talked to her and left the room to put away her treats. I left her for about 6 mins, she's happy chattering away and starts " Clicking " at me. So i leave it a bit longer and go back to invite her out, she comes straight to my hand ( flat, palm down ) and kind of regurgitates my finger and jumps on like usual.

I then put her near the pearch outside the cage and asked her to step up only twice and She did !!!! I couldnt believe it !!!! Now i know this isnt totally amazing but she has never done this before. I did struggle to get her back on my hand. ( Flame has only ever bitten me once, 2 years ago and that was an accident we were playing after her bath and i wipped my face with the tea towle, she thought i was playing and bit through the towel and bit my shoulder by mistake) Getting her back on my had she went to bite, i saw it comming, put my hand up and said NO ! Ive never raised my voice to her and her face was a picture, the shock stopped her in her tracks! Its was " oh my, mommys just shouted at me! " kind of look !! I waited for a positive and then she went back in her cage. Shes been chattering away since!

I never thought i would see this !! :)
:orange:

20160218_124450_edited.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions