SO SAD

bauercrew

Nov 16, 2017
Well my greencheek conure passed today ,he was only 12 years old ,i had him since he was a baby,,here i am a 60 year old male in tears trying to figure out what happened over night,,he was perfectly happy and jitterjabbing like every other night,,woke up he was fine as day went on he got quite,,then noticed him on floor of cage with eyes closed ,went over to check and he was barely able to squawk ,,,he climbed up on my finger very slowly,i took him and we sat down ,and he sat on my chest ,still trying to squawk,looked up at me than layed his head down ,and that was it 😭😭😭,,like i said im 60 and i cant belive i feel like this,,,,there was NOTHING unusual the night before ,,sorry for the rant ,just having a hard time right now😭

BOZO daddy misses you already little buddy,,,,,,,LOVE you so MUCH

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Well my greencheek conure passed today ,he was only 12 years old ,i had him since he was a baby,,here i am a 60 year old male in tears trying to figure out what happened over night,,he was perfectly happy and jitterjabbing like every other night,,woke up he was fine as day went on he got quite,,then noticed him on floor of cage with eyes closed ,went over to check and he was barely able to squawk ,,,he climbed up on my finger very slowly,i took him and we sat down ,and he sat on my chest ,still trying to squawk,looked up at me than layed his head down ,and that was it 😭😭😭,,like i said im 60 and i cant belive i feel like this,,,,there was NOTHING unusual the night before ,,sorry for the rant ,just having a hard time right now😭

Please accept my most heartfelt condolences, @bauercrew! Unfortunately I know only too well how devastating this feels, all the more awful since your boy seemed to be happy and well only the night before. I hope you can take some comfort in the fact that he was surrounded by your love and safe at home with you when he passed - I have lost beloved ones when I've left them at the vet clinic and as devastating as it is to lose them under any circumstances, I know which way I would have preferred for it to have happened. I am so sorry for your loss, and I wish for peace and healing for your broken heart.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, precious Bozo, until we all meet again, and I have faith that we will 🌈🙏

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Take heart friend. Parrots sometimes pass away unexpectedly and it hits us the parronts of them the hardest. A lot of folks on here have experienced this, I know I have. My little BeeBee parrot Max, literally passed away on a matter of an hour, one minute he was OK and the next just...... gone. Max passed away almost 9 yrs ago, and it still hurts some, but mostly I remember the great things, the loving things about our time together. MY condolences to you.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Whether a year old or 39 years old (my bird's age), parrots can touch a mysterious and magical place in our hearts, can't they? I'm so sorry for your loss. Please be at peace in the knowledge that your darling passed into Eternity carrying your love alongside, and that's a wonderful gift. xo

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

Don't ever apologize for expressing your grief! I don't know you or your beloved bird but I feel your pain! My own throat feels constricted and my eyes are dripping tears for your loss.

Most Reactions

Latest posts