So sad...

WolfmoonCT

Oct 22, 2009
Brooklyn, CT
Parrots
Alex (Nanday Conure) Beausoleil or Boo for short (Sun Conure) Luigi (Congo African Grey)
New Jersey Man Indicted For Fatally Shooting His Pet Parrot - cbs3.com

A New Jersey man accused of shooting and killing his African gray parrot with a BB gun because its screeching annoyed him while he was watching a NASCAR race on TV has been indicted on an animal cruelty charge.

Dennis Zeglin, 67, of Randolph was indicted Tuesday by a Morris County grand jury. The charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $15,000 fine.

Zeglin allegedly shot the parrot, named "Mikey," three times on June 7. His wife called police when she saw that the bird had been killed.

Zeglin's attorney, Stephen Fletcher, said his client was intoxicated at the time and afterward received treatment for alcoholism. He said Zeglin regrets the incident and hopes to be accepted into a pretrial intervention program.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I bet his wife was abused also. People like this should get the same punishment as they inflicted. Lets give all the CAGS pellet guns and shoot this man. Drinking is no excuse so shame on the lawyer too.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
SB....... Shooting this man, would be to quick, and easy.
Best I keep my comments to myself.........
This article made huge headlines here in South Africa.
NO PUNISHMENT CAN MADE UP FOR WHAT HE DID E V E R
Later

Allan Gibbs

Jan 16, 2010
Gilbert, Arizona
Parrots
Blue-Gold baby Macaw
For some reason, when I read intoxicated and NASCAR, I wasn't surprised. Well, I was surprised he didn't use a handgun, shotgun, or rifle.

WhataCracker

Feb 2, 2010
Media
Parrots
Ozzy- Cockatiel
Its terrible, I have to get pissed off, In England he would be locked up for AGES!

A guy was jailed for VERBALLY threatening a parrot..

westwood

Feb 4, 2010
Media
Oregon
Parrots
Figaro Congo African Grey 10 yrs old .
How about using a shot gun ?
Dimes in one side Salt in the other ?
My great grandma used to use that combo i think rock salt.
And we can shoot this Jerl for months and yrs to come.

Most Reactions