Soaked pellets

Johnny

Nov 27, 2012
Parrots
Ciry, Kira - B&G
Hi, just wanted to ask this: Is it a problem if I make Ciry soaked pellets in the morning, and leave it for her for the entire day? I mean, should I make lesser portions of the pellets, and more ofter during the day? Or is it okay to just make it in the morning for the entire day?

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
I wouldnt leave it all day, I have always given Fargo soaked pellets since the day i got him, but i just do it in smaller portions of how much he will eat in that meal :)

It seems to get a different smell if you leave it in there all day, plus with the moisture i guess it can get bacteria sitting in the open air! (I think) haha

Fargo gets pellets for mornings, then throughout the day he gets veges and fruits.. then dinner he gets veges.. but just before bed time he gets another bowl of his pellets which he likes to fill his crop completely with! They are his dessert ;)

Last edited:

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
Pellets are not fresh food, if you offer a small amount of pellets with a small amount of cold water mixed in, it will be ok all day (It is pretty much what they do in their water bowl when you are not looking anyhow). However, soaked pellets get mushy and gross so you need to offer fresh ones in late afternoon.

Most Reactions

Latest posts