SoCalWendy thank you ;) (Who's hungry?)

Ravennessa

Jun 22, 2013
Franklin Sq, NY
Parrots
Jacob a sun conure who found me!
So Wendy posted this awesome post about feeding parrots.... And how to feed, I have used veggies and greens before for my little guy but this really made a lot of sense...

So today I did this, and Im lucky cause my beardies (lizards) eat the same stuff Jacob does... So I make a huge load so all three have.. :)

Who's hungry?
(for the birdy I also added half a teaspoon of seeds too, and he spent a whole hour and a half with his food, now hes sitting on my shoulder, such a good birdy.. )

943673_10200972521027221_2067502607_n.jpg

Pajarita

Banned
Banned
Jul 11, 2013
It does! But for some unfathomable reason, my birds all refuse to eat raspberries. They eat strawberries, blueberries, cranberries and absolutely ADORE blackberries but they will not touch raspberries -do any of you have this problem?

OP
Ravennessa

Ravennessa

Jun 22, 2013
Franklin Sq, NY
Parrots
No, he didn't touch the raspberries last time, but this time he went nuts for them.. The kale on the other hand not so much, but it was the first time I tried that and I don't think he touched the broccoli either but we will see.. The article SoCalWendy posted said it takes a few time.. He has in total today spent a good 2-3 hours with his food, we all had a nap and now we are up playing again, and in another hour Im giving him another bowl of fresh veggies... But GOD did he make a mess.... HUGE mess LOL

But Wendy THANK YOU, that article was awesome, Jacob LOVES this idea.. For the parronts that hasn't read it, they really oughta. That should be a sticky..

kellie

May 11, 2013
Arizona
Parrots
Lukah- Sun Conure, 10 months old!
My sun doesn't eat raspberries either! Weird. He also hates broccoli and isn't a fan of kale but loooves spinach! Looks delicious. I'd eat that!

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Mine loves raspberries but hates strawberries.

OP
Ravennessa

Ravennessa

Jun 22, 2013
Franklin Sq, NY
Parrots
Well he has discovered his big favorite.. Granny smith and blue berries are winners so far... Butternut squash is ok, he had a little bit of broccoli and he will eat raspberries on and off... If he's out of his other favorites... The Kale so far is fairly tossed around lol but I will just keep on giving different things to him.. And we will see what goes down!

Most Reactions

Latest posts