Some Amazon clips

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Please pardon the mess, the accent and me shaking the camera. Still learning...yes, still learning English, too. :52:

Sam in Hunter's cage (I switch them around a couple of hours every day) He is NOT impressed with the camera.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCO1EuW6QmM&feature=youtu.be"]The Amazons 001 - YouTube[/ame]

Hunter doing the Steve Wonder in Sam's cage.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea4aoWUgJpo&feature=youtu.be"]The Amazons 002 - YouTube[/ame]

Sam on the counter, helping himself to some food.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oXlJ29lKcc&feature=youtu.be"]The Amazons 006 - YouTube[/ame]

And lastly Sam playing on the couch.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEW1yf_45Ec&feature=youtu.be"]The Amazons 008 - YouTube[/ame]

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh man, Hunter doing the Stevie Wonder impression and your catch of Sam on the couch had me rolling out of my chair...that was hilarious!
And your English is perfect, my dear:)
You speak it better than I do with this hick accent I have, and it is my first and only language..lol. And your accent rocks, too:)

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Oh my god, I love Hunter's 'la la la'... that was beyond priceless. Hunter rolling over and off was good too, and nice catch mom!!

I am going to see Rosie on Friday... Sammy reminds me so much of him, such a beautiful baby!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
How old are your Zon's? Very cute! I love their voices, especially the Yellow Nape :D

Thank you so much. :) Hunter (YN) will be 15 next month and Sam will be 2 next month.

Oh man, Hunter doing the Stevie Wonder impression and your catch of Sam on the couch had me rolling out of my chair...that was hilarious!
And your English is perfect, my dear:)
You speak it better than I do with this hick accent I have, and it is my first and only language..lol. And your accent rocks, too:)

Thank you, Terry. No...I have an awful accent. :eek: I LOVE yours, could listen to it all day long.

Oh my god, I love Hunter's 'la la la'... that was beyond priceless. Hunter rolling over and off was good too, and nice catch mom!!

I am going to see Rosie on Friday... Sammy reminds me so much of him, such a beautiful baby!

Thanks Jen! :) That was Sam nearly rolling off the couch, LOL, and I had a hard time keeping a straight face when it happened. How many more weeks now before you can bring Rosie home (if nobody else comes in and grabs him)?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Hunter sure is a camera ham! Sam seemed a little shy though. Cute videos, and I didn't hear an accent at all.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
How different they are. Hunter loves the camera and Sam doesn't. Hunter reminds me of Jake when she was younger. Sam is still a "baby", he'll be a "ham" before you know it.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
We will have to agree to disagree about the accent, because I think yours is fabulous:)
Very exotic, and it so cool to hear some of it when your birds talk:)

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Wow look at those toys !!![and I thought I had toys :)] .I almost thought Sam was going to pick up the spoon and start eating LOL:) [Is Sam your favorite]:)]

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wow look at those toys !!![and I thought I had toys :)] .I almost thought Sam was going to pick up the spoon and start eating LOL:) [Is Sam your favorite]:)]

Nah, I don't have a favorite. Sam is totally different than Hunter, but he's also still very young. I truly have to keep my eyes on him at all times when he is out because he is known to get into EVERYTHING that isn't his. :eek:

Hunter, OTOH, is the most laid back Amazon ever. She'd be happy hanging out on me 24/7. The more cuddles, the better. :D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
As I mentioned in your other video thread, I absolutely LOVE your videos!!! The birds of your flock are truly a trip! And Hunter sure loves that spotlight! Lol!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Thanks Jen! :) That was Sam nearly rolling off the couch, LOL, and I had a hard time keeping a straight face when it happened. How many more weeks now before you can bring Rosie home (if nobody else comes in and grabs him)?

Just saw your comment about Rosie!! I am seeing Rosie tomorrow... we shall see what the shelter has to say... my gut tells me she is going to try to convince me into another bird... there is a little goffin there that has been at the shelter for a long time that she keeps asking me about working with and then there is Chyna whom I think she would love to see end up with me because he likes me so much. But neither are good options to me because of Ivory. Ivory is so jealous and such a big needy thing, that I know if I adopted another hands on interactive type bird, she would just turn into a mess. She is so stable and secure now, that I worry she would just end a big nervous, upset problem that would pluck herself bare. I was even talking to our avian vet tonight and she agreed that with how well Ivory has settled in, that such a change would be really detrimental to her... We joke that I will only be allowed to adopt Amazons or smaller birds that are more independent, not allowed another velcro type bird :)

But, after all that babble, back to the question!!! I am hoping tomorrow I might have a better idea of what she might decide. So wish me luck!!!

Most Reactions