Someone STOLE my chickens!!!

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014
I can't even explain how mad I am.

I've been vacationing in Washington. I left my mom to take care of the birds. Well I come here, and Prince Charles (rooster, Serema, very expensive, very sweet) was stolen along with Oleo's (old hen I had - loved her to death) chick!! (The 'chick' is actually a full grown hen, but she doesn't have a name, other than 'Oleo's daughter who I love')

Yes. STOLEN.

Now, I didn't believe my mom at first, but even my dad was adamant they were stolen.

They live in a cage that's secure, and the only they could've gotten out was

A) by predator (no feathers, no blood)

B) humans.

D: I mean, what the heck?!?! So far I've believed we lived in a SAFE neighborhood, fairly secluded, but guess not.

I just... Ugh. None of the other birds have gotten out either. So it's doubtful they escaped.

I'm gonna go talk to my neighbors. We have some in the woods I've never really met..... I actually kinda think it's them... BUT, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt as I've never met them and so I making false accusations. I'm just hoping maybe they saw someone snooping about at night, as they stay up late (we hear their music)

I just wish I could use stronger words to describe these bumheads who thought stealing birds was a good idea.

Well... On the bright night, one of our hens went broody. So we should have chicks in the next 2 weeks to cheer us up

Oh! And our pigeons had babies!! Ill post pics in the morning.

Last edited:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Have you heard of "Trail Cams"? Lots of hunters use trail cams to see what is using the game trails. The ones i use are IR and video or pics, no flash and are very quiet. We too have chicken and predators. I put a trail cam near the pens and can see any "visitors" that come during the night/day. Maybe you have a friend who hunts and would let you borrow one.

OP
SpotsandSally

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014
My neighbor may have 1. That would be wonderful. Only works if they come back, but still.

He'd definitely understand, lol. (My neighbor)

Thank you, I will look into that.

Just... Who steals chickens.. Gah.

Last edited:

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
6 yr old Sun Conure (Ducati)
That's awful! I'm so sorry they were stolen. The sad thing is that's the kind of world we live in now. Why can't we go back to the days when you could trust just about everybody? Instead we have to look at everyone like they're already guilty of being a horrible person until proven otherwise. It's insane.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I think the cameras will be a good idea for the future, but for the time being, I'm sorry this had to happen :(

Most Reactions